July Blog Challenge Wrap-Up



Day 21: What are your thoughts on body image in the media?

Out of control, on so many levels. I don't have enough time to write thoroughly about how I feel on this topic. It's sad how desensitized our culture has become and disgusting how our children are being wired by media and targeted by marketing at such young ages. I'm not looking forward to the day where I start to lose my control over what my kids' eyes see and what their innocent ears hear. Until then I will try my best to teach them to value and respect themselves and others and pray that it sticks when they are thrown out into the world. Yikes is a huge understatement!







 
 
Day 22: What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?

I wrote about pet peeves here.


Day 23: What is your favorite time of the day and why?

I so wish I could say early in the morning. It absolutely would be if I could just get my body on the same page as my heart. I love the peaceful quiet and promise of a new day before me. I enjoy watching the sunrise far more than the sunset. But I am totally wired as a night owl! I do enjoy quiet, late nights after the rest of the house is asleep but it really interferes with my attempts at getting up before my rooster of a daughter every morning. :)


Day 24: Who was your childhood celebrity crush?

I covered that a few years ago. Hey. Don't judge!


Day 25: What's in your purse?

My trusty Erin Condren planner, a Minnie Mouse pull-up, wet ones wipes, a bunch of Chick-fil-A wipes, hand sanitizer (are you noticing a theme?), Harper's inhalers and spacer, one of my rx's, a couple of sudafed, my inhaler (I carry a small pharmacy, apparently), lotion, sunscreen stick, tampon, chap stick, a hair tie, hair clips, one of Harper's bows, 3 pairs of sunglasses (mine and each kid's), gum, a pen, my wallet, my keys, and an extra key to my car in the event my regular set gets locked in. Whew, that was a longer list than I thought it was going to be! 


Day 26: Post a picture of something yellow.



the country house I grew up in until we moved to Texas when I was in 9th grade. It wasn't yellow when we lived in it but the new owner's repainted it. And they also cut down the tree we planted in the front which made me kind of sad to see.


Day 27: What was your most memorable vacation?

We didn't take many vacations when I was growing up other than going to Frontier City (an amusement park) in OKC every summer. The only other vacation I recall going on was a camping trip at a lake somewhere in Oklahoma. I was probably 9 or 10 which would have made my brother 5 or 6. It turned out to be a disaster. I came down with strep throat and was miserably sick and my brother had a bad case of diarrhea all weekend. So it wasn't much fun for anyone involved...but it was definitely memorable!


Day 28: Write about the last dream you remember having.

Don't you hate it when people ramble on about your dreams and you have to try to act interested? Me too. So I'll keep this short. Which will be good because it doesn't make much sense and I don't really remember the details. All I remember is we were camping at a nature park of some sort with our friends Stacie & Ben. Somehow I wandered off alone hiking by myself and freaked out when I saw a bunch of giant nutria rats coming out of the stream. But then those seemed pretty mild when I came across a lion, who attacked me and latched on to my arm and I had to fight him off with a stick. So random...


Day 29: If you could be famous for one thing, what would it be?

I have no idea. I honestly would hate being famous. I'm way too shy and socially awkward for that. No thank you.


Day 30:  Write about your morning routine.

During the summer it's been pretty relaxed and varies on the activities I have planned for the day. I set my alarm and really try to get up and get showered before Harper is up but she's an early riser so that doesn't always happen. But it makes a world of difference in my attitude and the tone of our day if I can get that extra 20 minutes of alone time before my "job" officially starts. I'm not a coffee drinker so I need a little time before I'm ready to face our day. On average, I'm up around 6:30. Harper rarely sleeps past 7 and I usually get her dressed right away because I don't like hanging out in PJs all morning and it's easier to get that out of the way before we're running late trying to get out the door somewhere. Harrison is usually up by 8 or 8:30 and I do the same with him. I unload the dishwasher while they are eating breakfast and then if we aren't leaving the house right away they like to watch a couple of their shows (Super Why and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood are their favorites).


The End.

P.S. Is it sad that it took me until the last day of July to register that the picture for this challenge is from last year? I actually had to think for a moment if we were in 2012 or 2013. I swear, my mind is shot!

Comments

Popular Posts