Day 8

Day 8: How do you envision your life in 5 years?

Well, that is a loaded question. If I've learned anything in the last 5 years it's that God can take my carefully thought out plans and throw them out the window. 5 years ago I can honestly say I never pictured myself staying home with kids on one self-employed income. Becoming a business owner was NOWHERE on my radar for this risk-adverse girl. If you had asked me this question 5 years ago, I would have probably said that I would be finishing up my MBA and wearing business suits and traveling and that we'd probably have one child by now. Who would be perfectly behaved, by the way. ;)

All that said, obviously Rick and I do look ahead and dream about what our lives will look like in the future. We hope that in 5 years the business will be thriving and I'll be able to work in the office with him more regularly. We dream about building a house in the country but are on the fence about whether that's a practical decision for our family and business. Our babies will be 8 and 7 (holy cow) and the jury is still out on whether we want to have more kids or not. Some days the answer is most definitely and then other days (like today, where I thought it would be a good idea to take the kids with me to a lunch with some friends I used to work with and left completely flustered) the answer is more like I think I'm good with just two! Haha. Truthfully, we both feel like we're not done growing our family but it's not an easy decision. Both of my pregnancies were hard (here and here) and we are praying about whether we even want to think about pursuing that route again or if maybe adoption is what God wants for us. Or maybe we're supposed to stop at 2? Like I said, if I've learned one thing in the last several years, it's to not make too many plans and instead stay flexible for what God has in store, whatever that may be.

And if it's His plan for us to win the lottery, I wouldn't complain. Just saying. :)


Comments

Popular Posts