Day 17: Post 7 random facts about yourself.
1. I'm left-handed. I write and eat with my left hand but play sports right-handed.
2. I have a phobia of balloons popping. I've finally analyzed it enough to know that it's a control-issue more than anything. If I know someone is going to pop it, it doesn't bother me. But it's the anticipation of the fact that it could happen when I'm not expecting it that gives me serious anxiety. I also used to be afraid of the toaster when I was a child for the same reason. Yep, I'm a freak.
3. I graduated from high school as a junior. Which makes the fact that Rick and I started dating when I was 17 and he was 22 slightly less creepy. Ha!
4. I was boy crazy since before Kindergarten. I actually remember "accidentally" dropping my earring on the ground at recess so a boy I had a crush on would help me find it. That was in 1st grade. Boy crazy and manipulative :)
5. I love architecture and house design. My mom used to clip all of the house plans out of Home Magazine and she kept them in a binder for me. I've been planning and even drawing out floor plans on graph paper since I was a child. Rick and I like to drive around looking at and walking through new construction homes just for fun. Maybe one day we will get to build our dream house? I don't want anything huge or extravagant but I have it all planned out in detail.
6. I love to bake but hate to cook. I am a precise, detail-oriented person and find it kind of therapeutic to measure out exact ingredients. I wish I was better at throwing spontaneous meals together but it 's hard for me stray from recipes aside from the staples I cook for dinner regularly.
7. I have a great memory and a terrible memory all at the same time. There are some details and facts and numbers and math formulas that are etched in my brain for eternity, yet there are some events in my life that I have absolute no recollection of. I'll be sitting there reminiscing with friends and won't remember a thing about the story they are talking about even when I was right in the middle of it. I'm also terrible at remembering movies and books. I can watch a movie and 2 years later not remember any of it. And this has only gotten worse after having kids...I used to be so with it and now there are times when I wonder if I have alzheimers. I think they sucked out a good portion of my brain when they were baking in my belly.