Day 12

Day 12: Write about one of your biggest accomplishments in life.

I'm not a fan of today's prompt. Nothing like trying to think of just one notable accomplishment to write about and drawing a blank to really boost your self esteem. Ha! I even asked Rick if he could come up with anything and his answer after "marrying me, duh" was "ummm...I think yours is still in progress." Thanks, hon! He did attempt to save himself by saying that all the hard work and energy I'm pouring into the kids will one day pay off and will be hugely rewarding, but still. I don't consider parenting my children to be an accomplishment since it's my job as a mom. I'm thinking I need to sign up for a marathon or set some kind of measurable goals so I will have a more fascinating answer to this question...

So other than my family, I guess I would say my greatest accomplishment would be getting nothing but As and Bs all the way from kinder through college. I have a BS in Finance and graduated Magna Cum Laude with a 3.8 GPA.

And I think I would also include the fact that before I quit my job we worked diligently at getting all of our debt paid off and succeeded (other than our mortgage, obviously). I had student loans and we had racked up some embarrassing credit card debt while I was in school and paying for our wedding. Now we only use one credit card for the reward points and pay it off each month. We went a while without car notes but I do have one now that we're working on paying off. And of course our diva's medical bills from the NICU...but we're finally getting close to having a free and clear title on her. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts