#9 - Pet Peeves

I could go on and on about things that annoy me because, well, I tend to get annoyed pretty easily. Not one of my best character traits. I'm trying to work on that. If people would stop being annoying it would help my mission tremendously, but whatever.

:)

I'll keep this list short because who really wants to hear me ramble on about life's little annoyances? It's going to be tough to narrow it down to only a few, but here we go.

1. When people add an 's' to the end of stores that don't end with an 's'. It DRIVES. ME. BONKERS. when I hear "Krogers" or "Barnes and Nobles."Bonkers, I tell you. Bonkers.

2. Bad grammar and misspelled words. There's a reason my husband calls me the Grammar Nazi. I cringe when he or anybody else uses improper grammar or if I see words misspelled or misused. I especially can't stand when people mistake "loose" for "lose," or the common confusion of when to use "their," "there," and "they're." Or when people mix up "went" and "gone" as in "We've went there before" instead of "We've gone there before." It's like hearing nails on a chalk board.

3. When a certain somebody, who shall remain nameless, leaves sugar on the counter top every single morning. It's not so much that I mind cleaning up after him. It's the fact that it is apparently physically impossible for him to not spill sugar on the counter top every single morning. I am perplexed by this because you would think that after spooning sugar into your coffee cup every single morning you would have pretty good aim, right? Wrong.

4. When I spot random shoes on the side of the road. Happens all the time, and for some reason it seems like it's always only one shoe. How does that even happen??

5. Bad drivers. Enough said.
 

Comments

Popular Posts