Days 13, 14, & 15


I'm a catching up a few days but I can't believe I've actually been blogging this regularly! It feels good. Hopefully I can keep it up. 

Day 13: Would you rather be rich or healthy? 

I guess it depends on what kind of health issues we're talking about. If it was something treatable I guess I'd go with rich and then just pay for treatment until I was healthy again. But if I had to straight up choose one or the other, I'd definitely go with healthy. 


Day 14: Do you have any birth marks? Scars? Tattoos? Piercings?

I'm pretty boring in this category. No birth marks and no tattoos. Only have my ears pierced once in each ear. But I do have my fair share of scars. If I'm taking inventory: one in between my eyes from chicken pox, on my eyebrow from stitches, under my nose from the 3-wheeler accident, 3 on my arms from my IVs from being in the hospital with Harper, a lovely 5-inch scar from her c-section, and various others on my arms and legs from bike and rollerblading accidents when I was a kid. And a few more that I have no idea where they came from. 


Day 15:  What was the last good deed you did for someone / someone did for you?

Yikes...this question is kind of convicting. I don't know if this counts, but a woman at Bunco last week was collecting toys and clothes for a family in need and I brought some stuff. And then a couple of weeks ago we stopped to help a man who was stranded and brought him gas. I've actually been trying to plan some intentional activities that we can do together as a family to help others and show God's love, especially now that the kids are able to grasp what that looks like. I've been collecting travel-size toiletries to make blessing bags to pass out to the homeless. I saw an idea on Pinterest to put all the items in a sock so they also get a new pair of socks to wear. Now I just need to get past the "good intentions" and actually do it. 

And as far as a good deed someone did for me? Honestly, the thing that immediately comes to mind was really a small gesture but left such a big impact on me. The kids and I were at Chick-fil-a one morning for breakfast. I felt like a broken record correcting them at the table and telling them to eat their food or they won't get to play and etc., etc., etc. And then as I was herding/dragging them out of the play place when it was time to leave, an older man who was sitting near us stopped me and told me that he wanted me to know that I was doing a great job as a mother. I actually teared up...it's amazing how far a little encouragement can go.


Comments

Popular Posts