Day 3

Day 3 of the July blogging challenge:

What was the last movie you saw in the theater?

Or as Harrison calls it, "movie-ater." :)

I love going to see a movie. There's something about the dark theater and delicious, buttery popcorn and ice-cold cherry coke that seduces me into paying far, far too much money on a flick and some snacks. But, thanks to the kids, it's a good thing for our bank account that I can count on one hand the times we've been to the theater in the last year. It's also a good thing for our bank account that they have the kid's movie club during the summer where they play older family movies for $1. Can't beat that!

My mom and I took the kids yesterday to see Ice Age: Continental Drift. It was pretty cute. It kind of bugs me that this is the only Ice Age movie I've seen and therefore I'm seeing them way out of order, but I'm trying to get over that.

 


And Saturday night Rick and I treated ourselves to a movie after all that garage-cleaning-out that we got accomplished. We saw The Internship with Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson. I got some good laughs out of it. Who doesn't adore Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson together?

And while we're at it I'll just go ahead and round out the entire year. I mentioned that Stacie and I took the kids to see Horton Hears a Who a couple of weeks ago. We own that movie but it was still fun to see in the theater.

And then I think the only other movie we've gone to see was Mud. I was reluctant after reading the storyline on IMDB...I mean, a movie about backwoods Arkansas with characters named Neckbone and Mud? Umm, no thank you. But something Matthew McConaughey kept drawing me in. I can't quite put my finger on it what was peaking my interest Matthew McConaughey but I ended up agreeing to see it. And it turned out to be a great movie. It kind of had a Stand By Me vibe and I really enjoyed it. (and of course Rick did too...did I mention it was filmed in backwoods Arkansas - ha! He is my country boy.)

Comments

Popular Posts