2 Months

Harper is 2 months old today!



I just can't wrap my head around the fact that she's TWO MONTHS OLD. How have her newborn days already come and gone? When people ask me how old she is I still prefer to answer in weeks, because I feel like 8 weeks sounds younger than 2 months. No, I do not have a serious issue with denial.

Last week she weighed in at a whopping 9lbs, 5oz! We go back to the pediatrician on Tuesday and I'm curious to see what her length will be. She seems so huge to me now, which is funny because she's barely to what Harrison weighed when he was born. But she's already doubled her birth weight, so compared to how itty bitty she started out, she's getting pretty big! She's even started to develop a little baby chub and I just love it.

So Harper, what have you been up to this month?

This month has been challenging. I'm finding myself eating my words from last month, where I mentioned how low-maintenance you were, how much you slept all the time, and how the newborn stage is such a breeze. Ha! You, my poor baby, have been miserable the last 4 weeks. Your reflux has gotten so much worse and you grunt and scream and cry constantly. You are usually only content if you are being held in an upright position. Your doctor put you on Prevacid, but so far it hasn't helped at all. We feel so terrible for you and are ready for you to find some relief. For you and for us!

Is it too much to ask to be held and carried around 24/7? I think not!

You went  from nursing every 3-4 hours to wanting to snack all day long instead since your tummy is so upset. Thankfully you are doing pretty well at night, though. We swaddle you super duper tight, put you in your lamb swing, and you will usually sleep about 5 hours straight before wanting to eat. Then you will usually go back to sleep for a few more hours, which I am so thankful for. We usually put you to bed at around 11pm, you get up to eat around 4am, and then are up at 7am for breakfast.

Just because Mom inherited this heirloom cradle doesn't mean that I'll sleep in it.

You are starting to get better head control, but we don't really do much tummy time exercising because, well, you hate it.

Why are you doing this to me?!
We are now cleared to start getting out more!!!!! So far we've been limited to places where you and your brother can be confined to a stroller or cart and kept away from other kids. I'm looking forward to taking you two to fun places and getting back into the swing of things again.

You mean there are other places out there besides Target?
You finally flashed me your first smile last week and it was worth the wait. You are so beautiful and I promise I'm not just saying that because I'm your mom and I'm biased. Okay, maybe I am a little biased, but everybody else tells you you're beautiful, too, so it's not just me who thinks so. :)  You are beautiful.






Harper, even when you are screaming your cute little head off and I'm completely flustered and frustrated and desperate to help you feel better, there is not a single moment in all the chaos where I would rather be anywhere else than with you. Your mommy and daddy love you unconditionally and inexplicably and you will never know the depth of our gratitude that God blessed us with you as our daughter!

Comments

Anonymous said…
i can not belive she is getting so big... i believe both kids think there is only target... harrison said momma and pointed to target the other day.. ha ha.. love all of you mamaw

Popular Posts