Show Us Your Life - Master Bedroom




I'm jumping into the home tour again that Kelly's Korner is hosting. This week is all about master bedrooms. Ours is definitely a work in progress!



Everything in here is pretty hodgepodge, but who really ever sees your bedroom (unless you post it on the internet for everyone to see, ha!)? And that's why it's remained at the bottom of the priority list. That, and because I can never make up my mind as to which style I like the best. Heck, we can't even decide if we want to stick with a queen size mattress or upgrade to a king. A king sounds reeeeeally appealing, but I've heard that you lose the snuggle factor. Any opinions here?





The dresser came from an unfinished furniture store that I worked at while I was in college. My mom bought it for my brother, I stained it for him, and then I somehow ended up with it. I'm thinking it could use a little bit more character. I'd like to paint it black and distress it and add some new knobs. The vanity is an antique from my great grandma's house and I love it -- everytime I look at it I think of her. Harrison's a little blurry in this picture because he was bouncing like a madman!


 
Definitely need help figuring out what to put on all of the bare walls.




Close up of the itty bitty hand prints on my jewelry armoire. Harrison LOVES to look in the mirror and laugh at himself. And clearly I'm behind on all of the housework. ;)



Here are the stacks of books waiting for me to crack open. I used to be such an avid reader but it's hard to find time now. We are reading Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow right now in my small group. We're only on chapter 4 but it's really good so far!



Next is the Hubster's stack. Here's where I totally plug Yancey Arrington's book, TAP: Defeating The Sins That Defeat You. Yancey is the teaching pastor at our church. He's such a brilliant and passionate speaker and and I was so excited when I learned he was writing his first book. I can't wait to read it when Rick finishes!




Here is the view from my bathroom. The jumperoo comes in handy when I actually take the time to dry and fix my hair. Which happens pretty rarely these days, but that's beside the point!



And the rest of the pictures aren't of my bedroom, but I couldn't resist snapping them of Harrison having a pretty serious jumpfest. He was really going to town!

 
Whoa, Mom! Are you catching all of this action?!
Weeeeeeeee!!
This banana tastes oddly different than the one I had for breakfast.

Happy touring!

Comments

Angie said…
I love your comforter....so pretty! And the little munchkin in the jumper sure is cute too :)
Jeff Norman said…
What happened to the shrine?
Debra said…
I love you comforter!! It really pops. We just 'upgraded' to a king from a queen. I like the new bed but it is huge. I joke w/ my husband that I never see him anymore - so, yes, I think you do lose the snuggle factor. Plus, it cost us a small fortune since you have to get new sheets, mattress pad etc.

Popular Posts