Fall? I've missed you!

We woke up this morning to 60 degree temperatures outside -- what a great way to start off the week!!! We've been waiting patiently for enjoyable weather for FOREVER it seems. The news forecasts lows in the 60s and highs in the 80s all week and we are beyond excited at this house. We are ready to spend some time outside!

I sure hope the hot, miserable weather is DONE for the year. Saturday was a scorcher. My mom and I took Harrison into Houston for the day and just walking around Rice Village for a couple of hours was brutal. We had a great time though! We went by a fabulous (and huge) fabric store to get some supplies for a couple of projects I've got brewing in my head. Then we caught up with one of my mom's friends for lunch where some delicious food was devoured and good conversation was had. When we were leaving the restaurant, we decided at the last minute that we really needed some dessert (shocker, I know.). Well, there is a yummy frozen yogurt bar in the same shopping center as the restaurant that my mom had never been to. I'm sure we looked pretty lazy and pathetic backing out of our parking spot only to drive about 5 spots over and repark to get ice cream - haha!

Oh -- and I just have to share these adorable pictures of Harrison and Jeff that were taken yesterday while they were watching the big game. Apparently the baby is a football fan.




While the guys watched their football Katie and I got started party planning for Halloween (which is also her birthday!) and putting together our costumes. I can't wait!

Here is Katie, who is a complete sucker for Harrison. She would go to put him down on the floor and he'd start crying wanting her to pick him back up. Then he was Happy Harrison again. Which is usually the case, you know, as long as he gets his way and all. Which, ::sigh:: he usually does. I guess we're all suckers for him. :)





H and I started off the day today by enjoying a nice, long walk this morning through the neighborhood. It really is such a beautiful day! I think he enjoyed the sunshine and cool breeze just as much as I did.











He is such a curious little boy. He is at the age where he notices everything and you can see his little mind at work trying to figure all of his surroundings out. He loved the lake fountains, all of the ducks, and the people we met along the walking trail.  We stopped by the park and I let him explore a little bit. He had a great time, and against his mom's wishes and failed attempts at preventative measures, he managed to get his first taste of a few wood chips, some grass, and a leaf or two. I'm getting quite good at fishing random things out of his mouth.


Happy Monday, friends!

Comments

Rick said…
Is my son wearing a sweater vest?
Jeff Norman said…
I am surely one of the suckers for him.
Katie Norman said…
Ya, I'm a sucker for that lil guy... and I think he knows it!

I absolutely love the sweater vest outfit!!!

You're right, this weather is AMAZING! Hope it lasts!
Anonymous said…
it looks like you two had fun at the park...mary

Popular Posts