Bloggy love!

I am bursting with excitement that two of my very best friends have started their own blogs!  I know that it kind of makes me a loser to be this excited, but you have to understand that I am slightly obsessed with them (blogs, not my friends. Well maybe both. I'm a little mentally unbalanced like that.) What can I say? Some people like reality TV, and I like my blogs! Maybe it's the fact that I don't have cable or maybe it's because I used to sit at a computer for 10 hours a day at the office and blogs were my only escape from total insanity. Either way, I discovered several that I enjoyed reading a few years ago and then when my fabulous sister-in-law started hers I really got hooked.

 I follow several blogs faithfully for different reasons. Some are really inspiring, some are creative and crafty, some are downright hilarious, and all of them are entertaining. I rarely leave comments on any of the blogs that I don't know in real life (which is like 90% of them) but it's funny how you really feel like you know them personally after reading about their lives. I often catch myself telling stories about my "friends" and then I realize that I'm talking about a total stranger. Which reeeeally makes me feel like a total creep. Ha ha!

When I found out that I was pregnant with Harrison, I finally decided to start my own. My primary reason was to journal about my pregnancy and his babyhood and to share pictures with family and friends a little more easily. I've also found writing to be so much more therapeutic than I ever expected it to be. It's nice to have an outlet for my thoughts and to make time here and there throughout the day to document them and I love checking in on my other blog "friends" (I really need to find a better word for them since, you know, they have no idea who I am and all). I don't have anybody around during the day to talk to so the computer is the next closest thing to adult interaction...or at least adult dialogue....even if it is a little bit one-sided. Boy, I am really sounding pretty cool right about now, huh? I think I need to get out of the house more! :) 

All this to say that you really need to go check out my girls' new blogs!  Katie's is called Just Don't Think About It... and Tienna's is Sometimes I Know What I'm Talking About and they are both awesome!

Comments

Katie Norman said…
Thanks for the plug! I have to say, I really started my blog more for myself (like you said, it's very therapuetic) but it does make me feel good when people read it. Love you! Muah!

Popular Posts