An unhealthy relationship.

I think I'm ready to admit that I have a problem. That's always the first step, right?

It's just that me & mexican food...well, I'm afraid it's an unhealthy relationship.

When it's around, I have no self control.

Exhibit A - My Lunch:


I'll pause while you wipe the drool from your chin.

I made tacos for dinner and eagerly anticipated using the leftovers on this plate of nachos for lunch the next day. And I'm not exaggerating...I really was pretty darn excited. Unfortunately, in my excitement I may have gotten a little carried away. I started with one layer (evenly spaced; with beans, meat, and cheese on every chip, of course!!) and for some reason I just didn't think that a single layer was going to cut it. So on to layer number two I went. Upon completion of the second layer, I felt like something was still missing. Oh! I know! Sour cream and guacamole! I didn't want to make my beautiful creation sloppy so I decided a second plate was necessary. When I was digging around in the fridge I also found some pico de gallo and salsa. And then I realized you can't have salsa without some chips. That's just crazy! (And of course the 2 layers of chips on my nachos don't count - let's not be silly.)  So this is how I ended up with two fully loaded plates of food for lunch. It just snowballed. Like I said, zero self control!


Which brings us to Exhibit B:

The After

Good grief, how embarrassing. I just couldn't stop myself. But hey...I'm breastfeeding! Which may have been an excuse I've used once or twice over the last 9 months. :)  It's the equivalent to running like 5 miles every day. I think it burns about 500 extra calories. Which is awesome because that means that the first three two bites of Plate #1 didn't count.

I think I may need a mexican food accountability partner at this point. Any volunteers?

Comments

Unknown said…
There is no way you ate all that.

And if you did, all by yourself, and are still as tiny as you are...

Well...

I don't think I like you any more.

;) Jealousy much?
Katie Norman said…
I would be your Mexican food accountability partner but A)I love queso waaaay too much and I feel that depriving any one of its delicious cheesiness in abundance is just plain wrong and B)All 100 lbs of you needs every last bite of Mexican food you can get ;)

Love ya! (Every tiny bit)

Popular Posts