Sad.

It's been a long day.

My baby is sick, and that makes me sad. It's so hard to see your baby sick. He started running a fever yesterday, and last night it got up over 102° and I was thisclose to packing him up and going to the ER. After consulting with the good ol' internets, I decided to just watch him closely and try to wait until the morning. He was up a lot of the night, but by morning his temp was back down around 99° and I felt good about not taking him to the pedi. And then tonight his fever is back up again. I guess we'll be going to see the doctor in the morning. I wish I knew what was the matter with him. No coughing and no vomiting, but you can definitely tell he's not himself. I'm trying to focus on the one positive -- the fact that I'm getting in some sweet cuddles. He's usually so independent but since he's not feeling well he starts crying if he even just thinks I'm going to put him down. Poor baby.

In other sad news, I've been working on cycling out his closet. I got down the storage bins from the attic and started looking through his itty bitty first clothes, and realized that over half of them are badly stained. They weren't when I packed them, but I guess the heat from the attic brought all of the stomach acid to the surface? I felt sick going through all of them because his newborn clothes are like the only tangible thing I have left from his infancy, and they are ruined. I know I'm just being overly sentimental. But I wanted to keep them for any future children and hang on to a few special pieces until he's grown. So I spent my only free time of the day between caring for a sick, clingy baby spraying, scrubbing, and soaking a bunch of stained baby clothes. Some of it came out, at least.

I just put Harrison down and now I think I'm going to curl up on the couch, watch some TV, and wait for my hubby to get home from his class.

Hope your day was better than mine.

Please send get-well prayers for my poor baby if you don't mind.

Comments

Popular Posts