Baby fever.

No, not me. The baby.

I took Harrison to the pediatrician this morning for his 9-month well visit. I was not looking forward to it because every time he gets his shots he always has a bad reaction and ends up with a fever for a couple of days. So I was pretty excited when I got there and learned that he isn't due for the next set of immunizations until 12 months!

Tonight we went to church and halfway through I saw his number flash up on the screen, which means that there is an issue in the nursery. He is not typically a cryer and it was the first time his number has ever come up, so I was really nervous thinking he had gotten hurt (or *gulp* hurt another child).

Nope. As luck would have it, the same day I thought we had dodged the fever bullet he came down with a 101 fever this evening. I guess he picked up a bug at the doctor's office, which is annoying considering the amount of effort I put into not letting him touch anything. Poor baby was acting like he felt okay until he threw up his entire dinner all over me and him. Just when his reflux is finally getting better he comes down with a stomach bug. Go figure!

Please send get-well prayers for him if you don't mind. I hate seeing my baby sick.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i hope he is better this morning... cavan was sick in the night...cullen and i took christian to school and when we got back home, cavan was up and did not feel good. hope all my babies and moms feel better today. love mary
Unknown said…
I know he's better, but I'm sorry he was sick. Yep. Mine were sick last week. Not fun.

We are SUPER behind in vaccines. Cavan just got his first round two weeks ago. I've had many lengthy talks with our pediatrician about it, and he's okay with it. The link with vaccines and autism (and the prevalence in boys) concerns me.

As for the church number thing?

We haven't gotten through an entire service... SINCE CULLEN WAS BORN... without our number coming up. :) Someday...

Popular Posts