I'll take an attitude adjustment with a side of positive thinking, please.

I have been quite the Debbie Downer lately. I think the emotional impact of being sick is what I hate the most about this whole baby-cooking process. I feel like my spirit just gets sucked up by the Morning Sickness Monster and it's really hard for me to be positive about anything. So in an effort to give myself the attitude adjustment that I  so desperately need, I have really been trying to consciously focus on all of the blessings in my life, both big and small.

I've been trying to find little things to look forward to that help distract me from my current state of misery. Here are a few things coming up that I'm really excited about:

1. My bestie is about to be available to me pretty much 24/7! Of course she hasn't volunteered to be available to me 24/7, but that's beside the point. :)  She recently made the decision to leave her job, which was stressful in nature and required a lot of travel and long hours. I think she's soon going to find out that it was the best decision she could have made. And did I mention she's going to be available to me 24/7 now? Um, YAY! 

2. Starting a new couples' small group. Rick and I haven't been in group together for several months now, and I really miss it. I've been in a ladies' group and he's been in a men's group, but we've realized that getting back in group together is what we really need right now in this busy season of life. With his new job and the classes he's taking at night, added to the busyness of having a baby in the house and the toll of pregnancy sickness, it's hard to find the quality time that every marriage needs and so we are looking forward to being in a group with each other again.

3. Thanksgiving. My favorite meal of the entire year. Of course I may not be able to enjoy the food this year, but boy do I have a lot to be thankful for regardless!

4. Harrison's birthday. I have a lot of work to do for his party, but hopefully it will all come together smoothly. I know it's cliche and I know I say it all the time, but A YEAR? I still can't reconcile that in my brain. As sad as I am to see him grow up I am equally excited to see him grow up. He is SUCH a fun little boy.

5. Christmas! I just love this season! I never wanted to have a December baby, but now I'm kind of excited about it. The nostalgia of this time of year is awesome enough, but now it will always also bring me back to that beautiful day in the hospital where we met our son and the sweet newness of the weeks home with him that followed. And this year I can't wait for the fun to begin! I love annoying Rick with endless Christmas music, I love decorating the house and tree, I love the excitement and kindness in the air, and most importantly, I love reflecting on and celebrating the best gift we have ever received: Jesus Christ.



Comments

Anonymous said…
i think you are well on the road to recovery except... what about the mother in law visit???? that should have been on the list... ha ha.. glad you are looking on the bright side.. love ya
Katie Norman said…
I L-O-V-E that I made number one on your list!!! :) Yes, I will be pretty much available 24/7 (watch out Rick!) And I would also like to add that since I will be in your group, I am part of your number 2 as well ;) I'm excited to spend more time with my bestie and baby H and I'm excited about our small group starting tonight! Love ya sista!
Kelsey said…
haha, good point! Way to call me out! Of course you make the list. I was just making sure you were paying attention. :)

Popular Posts