It's a great day to be alive!

That title is totally appropriate after yesterday, where I would have gladly embraced death if given the chance. And the drama queen in me would bet that I was only a few footsteps away from that chance. Ha! After a super fun and busy weekend, yesterday I did pretty much nothing but sleep and wallow in my own miserable existence for the day. I'm not really sure of the exact diagnosis since I never did go to the doctor, but it was some sort of combination of a stomach bug, migraine, a fun case of mastitis, and the ramifications of a little bit of wreckless tubing on my part which resulted in some sort of mild head/neck injury and achy muscles over about 98% of my body. I tried the symtom checker on Web MD but it was a little inconclusive. It told me that I might have a brain aneurysm, awesome, or maybe perhaps just a mild sunburn, gee thanks. Very helpful! Rick was great and took the day off to take care of Harrison, which was a good thing considering I couldn't even bear to open my eyes until around noon. My fever is gone today and I'm not 100%, but I am so thankful that yesterday is over.



We went out of town for the weekend to see Joel in a community play, and he was great! My eyes teared up when I saw him run onto the stage because I just can't believe how big he is and I was so proud of him. The play was fantastic!



The weekend was like a mini vacation and I had so much fun! Jeff & Katie and Jon & his daughter Ashleigh went too and we got some fun boating in at the lake. And of course Katie & I impressed everybody with our perfected co-tubing skills. Ha ha! There were lots and lots of funny wipeouts and plenty of screaming (mostly from Ashley) and we all had a great time.

Harrison had a blast hanging out with his Grandma and Papaw. They really seem to like to spoil him. I think he must have taken some nap laps because Saturday night the only way I could get him to sleep was to hold him. So high maintenance!



Mary really likes to spoil everybody, not just babies, because she cooks the best meals for everyone all the time. We ate like kings this weekend - fried chicken, mashed potatoes, biscuits, and gravy Saturday night; pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon Sunday morning; and Roy barbecued ribs, fajitas, and sausage while Mary made all of the fixins. Yum!

Hope you all had a great weekend as well. I'm looking forward to this week because I have a beautiful, funny, sweet 14-year old girl to hang out with! My cousin Stephanie is down for the week and I'm pretty excited. Harrison adores her and she's so great with him. Now if this weather would just cooperate so we could get out and have some fun!

Comments

Popular Posts