50!

Today is my mom's 50th birthday.


1960s


1970s


1980s



1990s


2000s

Happy birthday, Mom. I love you!

It really is true what they say about how it takes becoming a parent to really fully appreciate your own. I've always known my mom is awesome, but now that I've entered motherhood I have a newfound respect for her and all that she's done for my brother and me. And it makes me want to go back and give myself a big huge forehead slap for all the times I whined to her about how she must not really love me when she didn't always let me have my way and all the grief I've given her over the years. Me, a brat? I know, you can't believe it. And I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't a little worried about my payback that is right around the corner. She warned me all those years ago. And now I finally believe her. Ha!

The big 5-0 called for a big party, naturally. She told me she didn't want any fuss but of course I didn't listen. You only turn 50 once and it's a great cause for celebration, so on with the party planning I went. I dug up about 250 pictures of her throughout her life, scanned them all in, and got to crafting. I must say it was a lot of fun looking at all of them, and I'm pretty sure that nobody else on the planet has had more hairstyles than her, ha!

Thanks for everybody's help in pulling off a great party! I had so much fun celebrating the birthday girl and meeting her friends and catching up with family who drove in from out of town. It was also my cousin Hunter's 10th birthday (<---can't believe he's TEN) so there was an abundance of cake and I, of course, was in heaven.

Here's a slideshow of the party pictures. Enjoy!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow created with Smilebox

Comments

Anonymous said…
looks good for 50....i am glad she had a great time... beautiful family... sorry i could not make it.. missed all the fun. mary

Popular Posts