Independence Day

Hope everybody had a great 4th of July!

Ours was pretty low key. Harrison decided to party all night the night before, so our plans changed at the last minute. Since we were all running on about 3 hours of sleep, we came home after church and just crashed out. It was the first nap I've taken in probably several months. I usually hate taking naps because I feel like I wasted the day, but this one was much needed!

Then we decided to drive in to Houston for the Freedom Over Texas festival. It's the nation's largest land-based firework show so I was a little hesitant to go at first. I just kept thinking about all of the people and traffic and heat and people and did I mention people? But I'm so glad that we went! Yes, there were a lot of people and yes, it was HOT, but we had such a good time and the traffic was a breeze compared to what I was expecting.

It was free admission with a canned good. Pat Green and Little Big Town were performing and there were a lot of various booths set up. We wandered around a little and then we found the perfect grassy spot on the side of a hill to spread out our blanket and hang out and listen to the concert until the fireworks started. Once the sun began to set it was actually really nice.

Harrison started to get a little fussy around his bedtime and fell asleep right before the fireworks began. I let him sleep through the first five minutes but then I just had to get him up so he could experience the show! He seemed to like them and wasn't scared at all, which was a huge relief for me. Rick and I made the horrible mistake of taking our dogs to a fireworks show several years ago and I thought they were going to drop dead from fear right then and there! I think they were emotionally scarred for life.

Here are a couple ton of pictures from our night:






























I told Rick last night that I'm kind of sad because soon Harrison will run out of "firsts." I can't believe how fast this year has flown by!

Comments

Anonymous said…
glad you had a great time... see you soon. beautiful boys and girls....mary

Popular Posts