Spring fever!

Spring is my absolute favorite season of the year, and this year it seems like it's taken FOREVER for it to finally arrive. It couldn't be due to the fact that I spend all day every day inside with an infant, 2 dogs, and a cat, could it? Ha! We've been cooped up in the house for the majority of winter and I've been patiently waiting for beautiful weather to enjoy some outside time, and, YAY! It's finally here!

Harrison digs it, too.

How come you never showed me this room of the house before, Mom?


But, don't be fooled. Sydney does NOT dig the warm weather. Because that means she has to leave the confines of the house. Which is just plain cruel, according to her.


Um, where is the A/C? I can't believe you made me come out here.


But what she does dig is Harrison. And no, not because she's his loyal pet, like a dog is supposed to be. More like because he's a tasty treat just a burp away from happening. Disgusting, I know. We'll just go ahead and pretend this next picture is a boy with his best friend being showered with kisses.




Over the weekend we took advantage of the beautiful weather and made a couple of trips to a local nursery. We've lived in our house for over 2 years and haven't planted a single thing in our backyard yet. We are in really big need of a shade tree, and we finally decided on a red maple. We also got a Japanese crab apple as an accent tree. When I was pregnant, I had visions of leisurely spring days spent gardening while the baby played on a blanket next to me. Yeeeeaah, not really sure it's going to play out like I imagined, ha! But hopefully we can manage to squeeze some time in to do some landscaping at some point. And hopefully I can manage to actually keep what we plant alive. My track record isn't really the best...

This week should be quite adventurous. It's Spring Break, and Joel came up to stay with us. He'll be breaking me in to the concept of taking care of 2 kids instead of 1, so wish me luck! I have a feeling we're going to have a lot of fun. He's a great kiddo and at such a fun age. Yesterday he informed everybody in the room, "Taddie has a boyfriend. It's me. I'm hot." Ha ha! Where does he get this stuff?

These two are pretty good buds already:

Joel-Joel and Hare-Bear. How stinkin' cute is this!


Yesterday was a busy day. Ashley, Jon, and I took our respective kids to Nasa and then to paint pottery. My camera battery died, so I don't have any pictures - I'll have to get them from Jon. They had a great time, even Harrison. I was a little anxious at times, like when he decided to puke all over the wall and floor in one of the exhibits. Good thing Ashley was holding him at the time though, ha! But unfortunately I was the one holding him the 5 times he did it at the pottery studio. I feel so bad for my poor baby. :-(

After all of the festivities, we came back to the house and had friends over for dinner. Rick grilled some of the best pork chops and tenderloin that I've ever had - we're talking Y-U-M. And he insisted that I relax and enjoy the company and not lift a finger. He took care of the mashed potatoes, veggies, and meat, and even cleaned the kitchen afterward. Do I have the best husband, or what?!

Life is GOOD!


Comments

Anonymous said…
yes you do...he can be a sweety...does beautiful babies also...glad you are getting out and about.have a great time with all the kiddos. mary
Unknown said…
Sounds like you had a super busy day... better you than me! ;)

Poor Sydney! At least Harrison gives her some snacks while she's forced to be outside!

Popular Posts