Proof I REALLY love my son.

Anybody who knows me knows that I have a slight crush on Kenny Chesney. And by "slight crush" I mean "OMG he rocks my world my heart beats for him my head spins for him my stomach flutters for him I love him I love him I love him!" (I didn't even shudder about typing that run-on sentence because this type of excitement cannot be restrained by punctuation.) And it's not a physical type of love, like I want to stalk him down and force him to have babies with me or anything. It's his voice! It pours out nothing but smooth country perfection and makes me want to melt into a puddle of pure satisfaction every time I hear him sing.

And I'm not one of the typical bandwagon fans. Our love runs deep. Like, 1994 deep. Does this ring a bell? In fact, I think I actually like his older stuff better than his more recent music. I own every single one of his CDs, listen to them regularly, and never get tired of hearing them. Rick is completely okay with our relationship, by the way. He even gave me an autographed picture for my birthday one year, and it hangs proudly on our wall. And when I heard that Kenny was going to be visiting the radio station in my office building he was quite supportive of my decision to stalk him in the lobby in hopes of snagging a picture with him or *gulp* happen upon a "chance" elevator ride with the singer himself. Unfortunately, however, my efforts were wasted. The station snuck him up the freight elevator to avoid "crazy fans." Whatever. 

Anyway, I NEVER miss him when he's in concert. Or at least I never used to. Sadly, last summer I was handcuffed to my ex best friend and it was physically impossible for me to make it to his Sun City Carnival tour. I think some of those tears I was crying that day were in mourning of this. Especially when I heard that he wouldn't be touring in 2010. Imagine my glee when I heard he was coming to the Houston Livestock Rodeo in March!!!!!!!!!!!

Enter a newborn. Exit freedom.

The concert is tonight. Sure, we probably could have found a babysitter. But it's a Thursday night and it's not very practical. And our entertainment budget has been killed since I'm no longer collecting a paycheck. Besides, I miss being away from my little guy! I don't think I would have fully enjoyed myself if we had decided to go.

So instead, we (and by "we," I mean Harrison and me. Rick would kill me if I didn't specify that he did not partake in the festivities*) decided to celebrate the fact that Kenny is in town in our own way. We have been listening to his CDs all day long and dancing together and singing together and having a fabulous time here at the house. And of course we had to dress the part as well!

First, the boots. My dad made me these boots several years ago and today seemed like a great occasion to get them out of the closet. H's boots are courtesy of his friend Grayson.




I made Harrison this onesie and he seems to really like it. Apparently he knows he's cute!

Who says there is anything wrong with being short and bald???


And then it was time for a wardrobe change because of this:

 
Whoa. Nobody told me anything about a wet t-shirt contest?


He stayed in this cute pearl snap jumper for about 5 minutes, because of this:

 
I didn't mean to! I swear! 



So finally, I surrendered and dressed him in what he wears about 80% of the time. Minus the boots. 

Mom bought me a closet full of clothes...joke's on her, hehehe!


It's much easier to wipe down his bare skin than to change him a million times. Because of, you guessed it, this:
 Action shot!


I never, ever, in a billion years thought I would say this, but I'm not really that sad about missing Kenny. I had so much fun hanging out with my little cowboy today instead. And that right there is hard proof that a baby changes everything. But in such a good way! 

Harrison, however, was pretty upset that he missed out on the concert:


It's just not fair!!!!! They never let me do anything!!!!


And now I'll leave you with a video of my absolute favorite Kenny song ever. It helped me through a really tough season in my life and is one of the reasons I fell in love with his music. Enjoy!






*I feel compelled to add that while Rick was not here for the festivities today, when I was searching high and low for the CDs I finally found them all in his car. And one was in the player, mid-song, with the volume pretty dang high. He refuses to admit it, but he's TOTALLY a closet fan!

 

Comments

Rick said…
To my defense, it was your car and there was nothing on the radio. When I searched high and low for a cd to play, there was only one artist to be found. I had to. The car commercials were driving me insane.
Kelsey said…
Nice try. Michelle and I busted you last week with one of the CDs in YOUR car. And I hadn't been in your car in months so there's no blaming me. And you were the one who loaded not one, but 3 of his CDs into my car when you were driving it for the day. I don't know of any car commercials that last that long... :)
Unknown said…
I'm speechless. I am going to report you to CPS. Even the Constitution bans cruel and unusual punishment.

If Harrison turns out to be gay, this is why. I know Harrison can relate to Kenny Chesney because they are the same height and hairstyle, but Harrison is much cuter than that Butt-Pirate or poet.

Also, another thing they have in come is the "spit-up"
Kelsey said…
Oh Jon. I was waiting for the very original "Kenny Chesney is gay" comment. I think somebody may just be a tad jealous that Rick is a fan. It's okay though, he has enough love to go around. ;)

And if you'd like, I can make you an adult-sized onesie for you, too.

Popular Posts