3 Months

Today my baby is 3 months old. A quarter of a year. Stop the insanity!




Even though I feel like time is flying by a little too quickly for my liking, I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying the stage Harrison is at right now. It's so fun to watch him discover the world around him, and every little milestone he reaches makes my heart beam with pride. Everybody told me that you really can't understand what it means to be a mom until you become one, and they were all so right. I don't think I've ever been as happy in all my life as I have been these past three months!

Today, after Kindermusik, we went to a mom's group that the hospital sponsors. I have only gone one other time when he was 6 days old, but I was curious as to how much he weighs. And since they have a scale there, I decided to swing by on our way home. And can I just say that my baby is the chunkiest baby of the entire class?! But I love his cute little rolls and fat little cheeks and I'm perfectly happy with his "heartiness."  :)

He weighs in at 14 lbs., 9 oz.

He is 24 1/2 inches long (according to my own probably-not-so-accurate measurement)

So Harrison, what have you been up to this month?

You have become such an active baby! You love going to town in the Jumperoo, doing squats when anybody holds you upright, and kicking your legs and flailing your arms like crazy when you're lying in the floor. It's sad to say that you get the most exercise out of everybody in this house. Ha! 





You are trying SO hard to roll over. I think it's because you don't really care for tummy time and are trying to escape! It won't be much longer.


 How dare you put me on my belly!


You are sleeping great through the night! You are still in your lamb swing (but stationery) in our room since your reflux has gotten worse. I think you sleep so well at night because you refuse to nap well throughout the day. You'll doze off for 20-30 minutes but then you're up again ready to play.


Stop taking my picture! You only have about 15 minutes left and you really need a shower...


We have officially conquered nursing! Yay! When we are hanging out at home, I pretty much exclusively nurse you. Your dad feeds you a bottle in the morning and one in the evening since he enjoys the bonding time, too, but I am now pumping way less often than before. You eat about 6-7 oz. every 3 hours or so, about 6 times a day. Which is a LOT of milk! According to what I've read, the average is 19-30 oz per day for breastfed babies, so you are definitely an overachiever. But then again, you don't keep all of it down, so I guess it's necessary.


 I don't need you anymore, Dad. I'm a big boy!

Which brings us to the next topic: reflux. I really think God was preparing me for you when I so sick during my pregnancy. Our house has seen copious amounts of vomit over the last 12 months. Apparently, I passed the barf torch on to you! All kidding aside, I really do worry about you sometimes, even though the doctor says I shouldn't. I've never seen a baby spit up as much as you do. In fact, "spit up" doesn't really describe it. There are many times where your entire meal comes shooting out of your mouth at an alarming speed, with little or no warning. We use towels instead of burp cloths. Many days I don't bother getting you or myself dressed because we would both go through dozens of outfits in a very short period of time. Thankfully, you don't seem to be in pain and are relatively unaware of the problem. And your doctor says you should grow out of it soon. So in the meantime, our days are filled with endless laundry, tons of bibs, crusty PJs, and lots of baths. And some pretty happy dogs that follow you around like you are a treat waiting to happen.

 
Operation Get Clean: FAILED


You have a new best friend. It seemed like you could really use a buddy to calm and comfort you in your many bouts of stress and frustration throughout the day (sorry, you get that from me). So when I saw that she was machine washable, I bought you an elephant lovey for Valentine's Day and it was love at first sight. Her name is Ellie, because your mom is very original and creative - ha! She has been a lifesaver at times, because when you've had enough and decide it's time for a giant meltdown, we put her in your hands and she walks you down from the ledge. You snuggle up to her and pull her close to you and many times stop crying immediately. Oh, how we all love Ellie!



 
Now that I have my Ellie, maybe it WILL be okay after all...


Harrison, we need to talk. Three months is way too early to be girl crazy already. But you so are! Above your dresser there is a picture frame with a picture of a baby in it. Not of you. And yes, I do realize that it's pretty sad that I haven't put pictures in any of your frames, but that's beside the point. I've been quite busy with the feeding and the changing and the cleaning up barf and all, so cut me some slack. Anyway, you are absolutely enamored with the baby in the frame! Every time we set you down to change your diaper, you turn and look at that baby and grin from ear to ear. You talk to her. You flirt with her. Your eyes fill with wonder and excitement. You flash her your bashful little smile and flutter your long eyelashes and it is the cutest thing ever! Even when you are screaming at the top of your lungs, one glance at the picture turns you into the happiest baby in the blink of an eye. (And we don't really know if the baby is a girl or a boy, but we're just going to assume it's a girl. Mmkay?)   :) 



 
Mom! OMG! That's the girl of my dreams up there!


We're just glad he likes the baby in the left frame and not the creepy baby with black eyes in the middle. Ha!


You have the longest, most beautiful eyelashes of any boy I know!

 
One bat of these 'lashes turns my parents into SUCH suckers.


Your hair. Oh, your poor hair. You have a lot going on up there on that head of yours. You've got 3 cowlicks. THREE! You've got the beginning stages of a mullet. You've got a bald spot. And now it appears that your hair might be trying to change colors - it's looking more and more reddish, especially in certain light. It will be quite interesting to see how your hair grows in as you get older. I have a feeling that your future is going to hold a lot of buzz cuts! :)



2 of 3 cowlicks: one serious side part

 
Is my mullet trying to sprout wings and take flight?


You are babbling and cooing and squealing a ton and just blossoming into such a little social ham. I love all of your cute baby noises, even the pitiful crying/whining ones (but in moderation, please). You are so full of expression and we think you may be a little bipolar since you go from laughing to crying to smiling to scowling to grinning to glaring to laughing in 0.5 seconds. Ha!


 
 





 


  


  


  


  








 



 


Hare-Bear, you continue to light up our lives. We love you so unbelievably much and that will never change!


Comments

Popular Posts