December Catch Up - Part 1

It seems like most of my January posts from prior years are to play catch up. This year will be no different. I have a bunch of draft posts to wrap up and hopefully I will devote some time to getting them all finished.

Here is part of what we were up to last month. More to come soon(ish).

***

A fun downtown Christmas parade with best friends. We were outnumbered...but that also meant more candy for Mom & Dad.





***

The kids sang on stage at church. This was Harrison's last time since he's graduating out of PeeWees in a few months. I still can't believe it. I swear I was dropping off my spewing 3-month old in the nursery just yesterday. Both of the kids did great and did all the cute little gestures. This was the first Christmas performance Harrison didn't have stage fright. He came out with a giant smile and holding hands with Harper and searched the audience until he found us and gave us the biggest wave.





***

I thought these hot cocoa kits that I put together turned out super cute. I bought some rustic wooden silverware caddies from Dayspring. They have the verse Psalm 107:8 which is "Give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love." I gave one as a gift last year, fell in love with it and decided I wanted one too, then decided to buy several as gifts as well. I thought they were fitting for teachers and a few of our friends to express our family's thankfulness for them. I was originally just going to wrap the box, but then decided they needed some embellishment. So I filled the dividers up with hot cocoa supplies. Harper helped me dip silverware in chocolate and decorate the spoons. She also enjoyed stealing marshmallows when she thought I wasn't looking. :)






***

Here are the kids' letters they wrote to Santa. Of course I helped Harper write hers out but it was her wording. She asked for a baby cradle, a baby doll, princess dolls, and a snow white toy. Harrison asked for a Star Wars scooter, a Star Wars skateboard, and all of the Star Wars DVDs. I got a kick out of his illustrations.


They also made Christmas cards for him. Harper drew a stocking and Harrison drew a present, nativity, and crosses. I love their creativity and am going to have a serious issue with hoarding all their artwork if I don't start narrowing my keep pile down.


***

Our beautiful, hand-carved rocking horse met an unfortunate fate :( Thankfully, no 3-year olds were harmed in the decapitation. Except for her feelings. Those were pretty upset. 



***

We love our advent calendar. Each day they took turns pulling out the card in the envelope to see what our fun activity was that day. We kept it simple most days. Like our tradition of going out for a Frosty after watching Frosty the Snowman. And driving around looking at Christmas lights followed by a stop for hot chocolate.


This house was synchronized to Frozen songs


***

Harper got to "babysit" Baby Virginia and was in mother hen heaven. We love us some Hurst girls!



***

Brody & Cooper hosted their annual PJ Christmas party again this year. I already posted the Santa pictures but here are a couple more.

making blue silly putty

sillies
 ***

Our company had its first Christmas Party this year. It was nice to get everyone together outside of the shop and meet spouses and girlfriends. My mom kept the kids so we wouldn't have to pay a babysitter. It was a fun night! 

cake balls!
Christmas light hay ride through her neighborhood
grandmas are the best

It was nice to have a night out with this man. I'm not sure you can really call it a "night out" since we just went out to dinner and then came back home, but it was nice nonetheless!


Kirby Precision Machine in the flesh
We came back home and played board games and cards and took pictures of the pets because we are THAT cool. But it was a spicy night of board games since tequila may or may not have been involved. At one point, the Game of Life just might have been chunked across the room mid-turn because who wants to play the Game of Life and keep track of money and bills and responsibilities when we have do that every day in REAL LIFE? Lame! At least that was the logic of the tequila. It's a little challenging to be a banker when you've had a couple of drinks.






why yes, my hubby did use children's cups as shot glasses.

Comments

Popular Posts