Possible Placement

So....there is a chance we might be getting a foster placement soon. There is also a huge chance that it won't materialize since it is a friend of a friend of a friend type of situation, but I have been pacing around my house waiting for more information and I feel like I might explode if I don't share the news somewhere! And I figured my blog with approximately 0 readers is a better place to share than, say, Facebook :)

It's a very similar emotion to the final stretch of pregnancy. That moment where you feel like you've been waiting forrrrreeeeevvvveeerrr for something to happen, and then when that something starts to happen, you kind of freak out a little. Like, holy crap, are we really ready for this???? Which of course the answer is YES, but it is still such a scary, thrilling feeling of anticipation.

We are also doing respite care in the next couple of days for a sweet baby boy. Friends of ours we met in our training classes last year are traveling out of town for a funeral. Ironically, I got a text from him asking if we could do respite while we were sitting in our training class today. And 2 hours later I got a phone call from my friend about the potential foster placement. I love the way God works and how faithful He is, even when we start to question His timing. I have been trying so hard not to be impatient while we wait for any kind of news on the fostering front. It's been radio silence for over a month and I was really starting to get discouraged. And then we showed up to the class today and were reminded of why we are doing this. The director who was leading the class was a huge encouragement as was hearing everyone's personal stories. It was inspiring and just what we needed to hear. And then 2 people contacted us within 2 hours about welcoming kiddos into our home. Even if the placement falls through, I feel like it was perfect validation that we are exactly where God wants us to be.

While I'm excited about the thought of adding more children to our home, the adrenaline is always accompanied by feelings of sadness as I think about what the kids are going through. And what the biological parents are going through. There is so much hurt and brokenness involved. I'm thankful for a redeeming God and know that He is at work in their lives, and hope that we are able to be His instruments in some capacity.

Comments

Popular Posts