Ballerina Birthday Party

The day Harper has been talking about and counting down to for months arrived last Saturday. Every night when I tucked her in bed she would say, Mommy, I want to "nuggle" with you and talk about my pink and gold ballerina birthday party. I think she just might grow up to be an event planner because that girl loves to discuss every little detail and boy does she have an opinion. But it made planning out her party that much more fun for her momma. She had a ball shopping for the supplies and telling me specifically what she wanted and didn't want. And I think her favorite part was going over the guest list and she got so excited every time I told her another friend had RSVP'd.



After searching etsy I ended up just designing and printing the invitations myself. I swore that I was going to outsource a lot more for this party but I'm either a) too cheap; b) too competitive (but I can SO make that myself!); c) too stubborn; or d) all of the above. So I ended up making it all myself but I promised I would scale back this year and not stress myself out since we have a lot on our plate right now. And then I decided I would make 11 tutus as party favors so clearly I'm a liar. Ha! I really do enjoy crafts and baking I just wish I wasn't such a procrastinator.

It did help having it outside of our house and having it from 2-4 meant I didn't feel like I needed to serve as much food. And not having to clean up my house afterwards was definitely an added bonus. I scored big because right after I booked the party, I found someone selling a gift certificate that they had bought at a charity auction for a free birthday party at the dance studio. Oh yeah, baby. I'm always excited to find a good deal. See option a) above. ;)

It was a pink and gold theme and so much fun to prepare. I don't think you can tell from the pictures but the banner is made out of the prettiest sparkly gold glitter card stock. I wish I had a reason to hang it somewhere in my house. The other decorations on the tables came out of her room.

 





On the menu was strawberry cream cheese heart sandwiches, fruit cups (with the cutest tiny gold sparkly forks I found on clearance at walmart), cookies, marshmallow princess wands, cupcakes, and pink lemonade to drink. Sugar overload. 





 The first 45 minutes of the party was a little ballet lesson from a dance instructor. It was beyond adorable watching 10 little girls plus Harrison dance and twirl around.

Here are a few video excerpts from the class. At first Harrison was not happy being the only boy or doing ballet, but as you'll see he quickly warmed up to the idea and capitalized on being the only boy in a room full of girls. Ha!






 And now for the rest of the picture dump.


Everybody getting started. Hollyn was not feeling it.

Harper is stretching...meanwhile, could Harrison look any more miserable? Ha!

She kept looking at me and smiling. Made my heart so happy.

Checking to make sure I'm watching :)



I was so excited to see Ann! We used to work together at the bank.

We tried to get a group picture...but you can guess how that went. :) Love the outtakes!





After the dance class it was time to eat.


 

And when it came time to sing to the birthday girl, this was her reaction:

UM, why are all of these people staring at me and singing??

I'm out!

If I can't see them they can't see me, right?

 I still chuckle when I think about her hiding under that table cloth. She is such her mother's daughter.

We finished singing to her and coaxed her back up to make a wish and blow out her candles.



She told me she wished to be a princess. I have a feeling her telling me what she wished for won't affect the outcome. She's already a princess as far as I'm concerned.

 

Here are a few more pictures from the party:

Hollyn has a huge crush on Harrison...can you tell? :)

Mamaw & Papaw came to celebrate

I love this goofy girl. Such a sweet friend!

Amy with Savannah, who took on that cupcake like a champ

Harper had a smile on her face the entire day, and so did I. I love that precious ballerina more than I could ever put into words. I'm thankful for everyone who came to celebrate her on her special day.



And I have just a few more pictures I wanted to share to document the rest of her birthday.


Rick buys her a bouquet of flowers on her birthday every year. So sweet.




pink donut for breakfast!

opening her gifts from us


Her bubba picked this out for her
the Minnie Mouse chair was a hit :)



And after the party, we had a few close friends come over for dinner. I wanted to fix her her favorite and offered to cook her any meal she wanted. She turned down every meal suggestion I had. Instead she asked for salad and Pizza Hut. Works for me, kid! The Hurst family came over along with Jon and Ashleigh and we had fun hanging out in the backyard til way past everybody's bed time.



What a great day.

Comments

Popular Posts