Catching Up

This is pretty much going to be a vomit-fest of  ramblings and pictures of some of the things I haven't gotten around to putting on here but have been meaning to put on here. There. You have been warned.

Life has been super busy lately, but in a great way. We've got a pretty good groove down...it's a hectic groove, but it's a groove nonetheless and boy do I love grooves. The kids and I stay busy during the week with Pee Wee School (where I got suckered into volunteering for room mom...but am secretly enjoying being more involved despite the extra work) and BSF (which has truly been such a blessing to be a part of even though I can't ever seem to stay caught up -- but I am seriously learning SO much!) and playgroup (love those ladies and their kiddos) and the gym (where I may or may not actually exercise, but that's beside the point) and doctor appointments (seems like at least one of us is going every week) and normal weekly errands and such (are my parentheses annoying you yet? Sorry, I have no self control.) Rick is finally able to come home at a much more reasonable hour and we are really enjoying having him around for dinner and nighttime routines again. So a big fat WOO HOO for grooves and routines and family time!

Last weekend we made the 3 hour trip to visit Rick's side of the family. His brother turned FORTY ::cough, cough, SO. OLD. cough, cough:: and there was a little party to celebrate.

Rick's MUCH older brother.  Hehehe :)

But little did we know that there was an even bigger reason to celebrate. Because when he opened up his last present, we were all shocked to see a package of newborn diapers. SQUEE!!! I am so excited that I'm going to have another niece or nephew (but sending GIRL thoughts your way, Tracye. Bless your heart if you have another boy :))due to arrive in June. It's crazy --  I was down there almost exactly a year ago to the day sharing our big news about Harper. Between us this will be grandbaby #6 and the 4th baby in 3 years...I think we are on a quest to take over the world. Muhahaha!

I had my hands pretty full in the best of ways and didn't take a single picture at the party. But Rick did manage to take a couple of random shots:

Me and the Harpster

Sneaky cousins attempting to steal their grandma's mustang.

While we were down there we also got the privilege of watching our godson Joel play in one of his soccer games. He is such an entertaining boy -- man, I love this kid.

On the move!
Getting in some lap time

Rick's mom came up for a few days last week. It was great to hang out and she also watched Harper for me so I could go with Rick to meet with the CPA and take care of a few business matters. I've got to say it's so strange being on the other side of the desk. I used to analyze financial statements and create and review loan docs and borrowing bases for clients and now I'm the client -- I never dreamed that our lives would go this route. But I must say that it's pretty darn exciting! And still a little scary...but mostly exciting :)

kisses for Mamaw

Friday was Harrison's Pee Wee field trip to the Houston Museum of Natural Science. He was very happy that his daddy got to come with us. I was very happy, too!

ready to rock & roll

getting acquainted with friends

The "do-do" exhibit

Constantly on the go

Such a curious boy

Jeez...enough with the pictures already!

Some sort of oil-rig thingamajig machine. I think it's called a Christmas Tree for some reason. Obviously I wasn't paying very close attention...
And a funny story which lucky for you I don't have a picture to go with: When we got to the African Safari exhibit there were lots of stuffed animals (the taxidermied ones, not the cuddly type). We saw a bunch of zebras and I told Harrison, Look! There's Marty! (from Madagascar, his favorite movie at the moment). Then we turned the corner and there are pieces of a mutilated bloody zebra that a lion is snacking on...talk about traumatic, right? Thankfully we distracted Harrison before he could see Marty ripped to shreds.

After the museum, Katie came over for a craft afternoon. Playing with babies and doing crafts...now that's what I call a great time. We worked on Thanksgiving outfits for the girls -- sooner or later I'll get around to sharing pics of all my craft projects I've tackled lately.

best frands

We actually got all three kids asleep at the same time -- score!

Yesterday...what did we do yesterday? Oh! I got a few blissful hours of shopping and lunch in with my mom sans the kids. It was GREAT. I so took for granted how easy it was to go places and eat meals before kids and now I appreciate every second of any me-time I get. I think Rick appreciates me a little more too now that he had a few hours by himself with both kids. :) Poor guy had that stressed out, frantic look on his face by the time I got home. I know that look very well. Ha!


Ready for some quality time with Dad!

There's so much more that I could add, but it's late and I need to go to bed. And I still have to squeeze in my nightly session of Pinterest browsing, so it's definitely time to wrap this up. That website is seriously addictive and it sure doesn't help to have a toddler's second birthday party and Christmas right around the corner. I've never been to Hobby Lobby so much in my life...

Night-Night!

Or as Harrison would say, NOOOO night-night!

Comments

Tienna said…
Haha! I am on the exact same page with Pinterest. I think I made 3 Hobby Lobby trips last week...and that's just Monday through Friday. Love that site!!
Anonymous said…
my babies are getting big.. i miss them.. glad you had a good trip to see harrison play on everythng. harper is getting so big.. glad you got some mom time...rick needs to keep the kids for you more often.. see you soon. love mamaw

Popular Posts