Sir Poops A Lot

I know I said I wouldn't write another post about poop, but the encounter I had today simply cannot go without documentation. I don't want to ever forget these humbling moments...even the bad ones (not that I could ever forget this one). Plus, I'm pretty sure it is going to make good leverage with Harrison one day, ha!

We met up with Katie and her sister Kristy for lunch today at Olive Garden. Everything was going surprisingly well considering Harrison and restaurants usually don't go well together (and after today, I can say that they still very much don't!).

Joel needed to use the restroom, so I took him to go. When we were on our way back to the table I was greeted with wide eyes and panicked expressions and vaguely remember hearing somebody say "Kelsey! Your son!" I immediately scanned the table looking for what he must have knocked over/spilled/broken/destroyed. Then somebody directed me to the floor.

I looked down to find a small pile of what looked like poo. It didn't register in my mind right away, because hello, how could there be POOP on the carpet of a restaurant? And then I surveyed the rest of the damage. The high chair and my son were both covered in it.

I was completely stunned and mortified and quickly learned that I don't respond well in moments of crisis. Ha! Thank goodness Katie and Kristy and my cousin Steph were there to help me snap out of my shock, process the situation, and get to the damage control. Katie and Kris cleaned up the mess at the table while I carried Harrison with my arms outstretched (like I said, he was covered in it) and ran as fast as I could across the restaurant to the bathrooms. I didn't dare make eye contact with anybody and just prayed that we weren't leaving a trail. Steph helped me clean him up and luckily I had a change of clothes for him with me because otherwise he would have been stuck sporting only a diaper. Pretty classy, right? Kind of like having a poop explosion at a restaurant. 

Isn't motherhood glamorous?!

Comments

Tienna said…
Wow. That's all I've got. Just....Wow.

Popular Posts