Good news!

I finally got a phone call back from the doctor this afternoon and the results to the fFN test were negative! That gives me a huge peace of mind to know that Miss H will stay put for at least the next couple of weeks. I am still having contractions but not consistently. They are mostly at night and can get pretty painful, but are apparently harmless according to the test results. She told me to keep monitoring the contractions and to call if they get worse. Thank you all so much for your prayers!

Yesterday Harrison woke up from his nap and was completely covered in a weird rash. I called the doctor to see if I needed to bring him in AGAIN, which would have been 2 days in a row, but it was already late and they didn't have any appointments so I just decided to keep a close eye on it. The nurse mentioned something about a contagious viral rash but when I described it she said it sounded more like hives. Then I looked it up on the internet and it definitely looks like that is what it is. At one point he had a patch that completely covered his entire lower back and tush. The patches were really swollen like a mosquito bite gets and would go away and then reappear on other parts of his body. So strange! From what I read it is most likely an allergic reaction to something or possibly caused by a virus. It looks SO much better today and he's not at all miserable like he was yesterday.

On a totally unrelated topic, he learned two new words today. "No" and "nana" (for banana). First "n" sounds and you could tell he was quite proud of his accomplishments. I, however, am thinking I'm going to regret teaching him the word "no"....



Comments

twinkietotmom said…
My son tried coming at 32 weeks and I made it 4 weeks on bedrest (so he was born at 36 weeks with no NICU stay) with a negative fFN test at 32 weeks as well. My girls came at 29 weeks and spent 48 days in the NICU. Just take it easy and rest as much as possible! All my kids are strong & healthy even after being born early. So things can turn out ok, but like I said, rest, rest, rest! I wish I had done more of that when I was pregnant with the girls!
Anonymous said…
great news... more bed rest please...keep ms H on hold as long as possible...although i would love to see her....i can wait..tracye said your life is over girl... no means he knows he has a choice in the matter...help...hard headed boyds do not help matters... love ya

Popular Posts