My Little Cowboy & Indian

I finally finished making the kids' Halloween costumes. A whole day early -- can you believe it?? I had my doubts that everything was going to come together the way I saw it in my head and several times asked myself why in the hell I didn't just buy their costumes and save myself the headache. But I couldn't find a cute Indian costume I liked and the cheapest chaps and vest of decent quality I could find anywhere was $50. No bueno considering I bought all the material and supplies for both of their costumes for under $10 total.

I found this tutorial to make the vest and chaps and it wasn't difficult to follow. The biggest issue I have with craft projects is a major lack of space and a major lack of child-free time to work on them. You know how kids are -- the second you start working on something they start demanding your undivided attention. And think the sewing machine pedal is a race car. And don't understand why needles aren't an acceptable toy. And you're all, for the LOVE, children!!!! Can't you see I'm busy being a super great mom by hand-making your Halloween costumes and don't have time to be bothered by you?!?!?! Can't you feed yourselves and hug each other and leave me the heck alone?! Now, go watch some more tv!
  
:)

 Anyhow, a simple project usually gets stretched over several days and takes over our kitchen table and kind of stresses me out. But the moment I saw Harrison's face light up when he saw his chaps and vest and Harper got that tutu on and began happily twirling around like a ballerina, all the frustration and hassle became completely worth it.

Next year, however, we will be going to Target. Ha!

I got them dressed to make sure everything fit and we took some pictures in the backyard. I figured it would be a good idea to get pictures done early since it looks like torrential downpours are in our forecast for Thursday. Man, those kids are gonna be so disappointed if they don't get to go trick-or-treating.

Now, I may be a tad biased, but is this not the cutest little cowboy & indian duo that you ever did see?





 









Comments

Jocelyn said…
You are SO talented! Those really are great looking costumes... Harrison's has great detail, and I love the brown tutu!
Anonymous said…
Adorable costumes! Where did you get the cowboy hat? What about the little brown "indian detail" on the white shirt of your little girl?

Popular Posts