Houston, we have a problem.

Remember just yesterday when I said that my wake-up call is usually Harper yelling at me through the monitor?


 Well, she decided to mix things up a little bit today. You know, to keep me on my feet. It's her job, after all.

This morning I was surprised by a very happy little girl who greeted me with a big, cheesy smile. Literally. She had what was left of a piece of American Cheese in her hand and chunks all over her face and smeared in her hair. She was very proud of herself for breaking out of jail and fixing her own breakfast. Upon further investigation, she also raided some lunch meat and then took it upon herself to unroll a roll of toilet paper into the toilet.

The implications of all of this are too much for my tired mama brain to process at the moment. That girl is a rooster. There are many days she wakes up before 6 but will play contently in her crib until 7. I'm not ready for that to transition to her having free reign over the house for an hour. When Harrison graduated up to a toddler bed it meant the end of his naps and I'm very afraid that that is where we are heading. I am typing this after an hour-long battle of trying to get her to nap but she decided she'd rather party like a rock star than rest. I think I like the idea that Rick proposed: just slap a piece of plywood on top of her crib and call it a day. Yep, sounds good to me! :)

We totally jinxed ourselves on this, by the way. I kid you not, it was the night before last that I dared to mention that I was surprised she hadn't attempted an escape yet. Joke's on me, I guess!

The good news is this means I get to revamp their rooms. That's always fun. Harrison is overdue for a big boy room so I think we'll upgrade him to a twin and then give her his toddler bed. I know exactly how I want his room to turn out in my mind but the challenge is going to be achieving it on my teeny tiny budget...as my friend told me today, it sucks having champagne taste on a beer budget. I guess I should stop drooling over Land of Nod and Pottery Barn Kids and hit up some yard sales ;)


Comments

Popular Posts