Summer is upon us!

The kids have been out of school for 3 weeks now and we have been jumping right in to summer. And I gotta say that I have a feeling this one is going to be my favorite yet! Last year Harper wasn't walking yet and the year before that she was a newborn and the year before that Harrison was just a baby and not walking, so we have been a little limited in the activities we could do. It's nice in some ways to be out of the "baby" stage. I miss it, but it makes it so much easier to get out and about and have some fun.


Can you believe how much they've grown over the last 8 months?? Especially Harper. Standing next to the door handle you can see how much she has shot up in height. 

This picture was taken the last week of school. I had to include it because I love how much they look alike. I guess the matching shirts help, but still!


To wrap up the school year, the kids had end-of-year parties in their classrooms. Here is Harper with her teachers. I love them. Tiffiny was Harrison's teacher last year at PeeWee School and she is awesome!
Mrs. Tiffiny
Mrs. Alexis
Parents got to "observe" Harrison's class and see how well-disciplined they've become over the year. He was so excited and kept looking over to make sure I was still watching.

 

They sang a couple of songs and I was so proud of him. Last year he had huge stage fright and this year he sang right along and did all of the gestures. Granted, they weren't on a stage, but baby steps are a good thing. P.S. the kids serenade us CONSTANTLY with this song and it is one that gets stuck in your head for days. But it's cute how animated they both get so I guess it makes it worth it. :) 




The kids took swim lessons for two weeks and they finished up last week. I am seriously amazed at the progress both of them have made. Especially Harrison. I tried swim lessons last year with him at the YMCA and they were a waste of money. He wanted no part in it. Prior to two weeks ago, that boy would freak out at just a little water getting splashed on his face. Forget about pouring a cup of water on his head to rinse out the shampoo...we're talking freak. out. But peer pressure can be a good thing. He wanted to fit in with his friends and the very first day of lessons he was going under the water. It was a HUGE confidence boost for him. Both of them were little fishies by the end of the two weeks and I am so proud of them!

Harper, Hollyn, & Jace with Mrs. Alice (we were missing Hank)
Brody, Ashley, Harrison, & Hamilton with Mrs. Alice

swimming to Mommy
Jumping to Mommy (this was her favorite)
We've already packed in a lot of fun so far. We've gone to the zoo, to the park for a picnic lunch, bowling, and to the beach. Harrison went to his first summer camp today. It is an arts and science camp at a local church. It's only for a couple of hours for three days but he's having a great time! And Harper and I are enjoying a little girl time as well. Even if it was only a trip to Target for groceries :)

Comments

Jocelyn said…
Wow! I love seeing how tall they have grown!

Popular Posts