Two

Dear Harper,

Where do I even begin? First of all, can I just say that I can't believe that you are two years old. Two years old! How did that happen so fast? You are growing up into such a big girl and there are only traces left of my little burrito baby. When I'm lucky enough to catch these glimpses I try my hardest to freeze and enjoy the precious, fleeting moments and savor them because I know all too well that they will be gone before I'm ready. 

I'm happy to embrace the new and exciting stages but it always comes with a slight hint of sadness. Don't get me wrong, you are still a momma's girl -- you just need and want me in different ways now. I'll make you a deal. I'll agree to all of this growing up and changing and moving on, but only under one condition. You have to promise me that you will always need me...or at least pretend to. Because no matter how many years you turn or inches you grow, in my heart you will always be my sweet little doll baby.

Thank you for another year of joy and laughter. You make me proud every single day. I'm excited to see what Two is going to bring!

To quote you, my dear Harpie-Harp: I. la. yooooooou! 

Love Always,

Mommy



Comments

Popular Posts