Show Us Your Life - Kitchens


I'm jumping back in to the home tour that Kelly is hosting over on her blog. This week is The Kitchen.

My kitchen and I have a love/hate relationship. Seeing as how I spend what seems like at least 50% of my day in there, I'm hoping it continues to gravitate more to the "love" side. I reeeeeally used to hate to cook. When I was working 50+ hours a week plus commuting, it was pretty easy to justify not cooking, and when we did eat at home (not counting cereal for dinner like we used to be pretty guilty of doing), Rick and I would alternate who cooked. Funny how life changes when you have a baby! I've spent more time in the kitchen cooking and cleaning just in the past 9 months than I think I ever have since we've lived here. I'm really trying to learn to love my new "domestic" duties. Trying! ;)

Here is the view from the living room:




And the view from the dining room doorway:



Next is the view from Harrison's throne, aka high chair, aka the place where demands for food are made and then where the food is subsequently smashed, smeared, dropped, and thrown. The dogs love Harrison's mealtimes. And did I mention that I spend a very large amount of time in the kitchen cleaning?

You can also see into my dining room and why I didn't link to that tour, ha! I have my sewing maching out and projects scattered all over the table.



One last shot of the view from the entrance from the foyer. The BOYD letters were a gift from a friend and the painting is from our honeymoon down in Mexico.




Thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forward to touring all those kitchens and getting some good decorating ideas!

Comments

Heather said…
Kelsey, your kitchen is so pretty!! I love the warm colors on the wall!! It's so nice and open, love that feeling!
Katie Norman said…
Btw, you are not allowed to change your blog title w/o notifying me! I was totally weirded out when I couldn't find you blog on my blog roll! I was like, "ok, seriously, what is going on, did she delete me or something!?!" But cool new page :)
Maryann said…
great colors and the kitchen looks simple, clean, and so pretty..
Love the colors! Very pretty:)
Renae said…
Your kitchen is so cute, I love the backsplash.

Popular Posts