Rosemary Chicken

I've been trying out a few new crockpot recipes recently. It's pretty convenient to prep everything during Harrison's morning nap, which then frees up my time in the evening when things are usually pretty hectic without having to worry about cooking dinner.

I've made this recipe several times and it's definitely a keeper. Rick loves it despite the fact that it actually has veggies in it. Maybe he just doesn't realize they're in there? Either way, he requests this meal pretty regularly, it's healthy and super easy to prepare, so it is a winner in our house.

Rosemary Chicken

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp oil
4-6 chicken breast halves
1 C carrots, sliced
1/2 C celery, sliced
1 15oz can Great Northern or other white beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp rosemary
1/3 C Italian dressing




Directions:
In a large skillet, heat the oil and brown the chicken breast. Remove and drain. Place the carrots, celery, and beans in the bottom of the crockpot and add the chicken. In a medium bowl, combine the salt, pepper, rosemary, and Italian dressing and pour over the food. Stir to combine. Cover, cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.



I serve over rice. Delish!


Comments

Anonymous said…
looks good..anything to save time helps... love ya mary
Unknown said…
HOW DID YOU GET HIM TO TRY IT???

Mine won't try *anything* new. He'd rather eat a cold, dry bologna sandwich than try something new.

And rice??? Don't even get me started on rice. It's a "when Daddy's out of town" side dish.

Sounds good, though. Maybe I'll just do it and let him eat just the meat.
Kelsey said…
Wow. I forget how much more picky your hubby is! He really takes after their dad, I guess. I mean, who doesn't eat rice?!?!

Popular Posts