10 Months

Today my baby is 10 months old!

 

He weighs 22lbs., 4oz. (67th percentile)

He is 29 1/4 inches long. (75th percentile)


So Harrison, what have you been up to this month?


You are LOVING table food. You've tried so many new things and haven't turned your nose up at even one of them (you've even happily sucked away on lemons and limes). The problem is, you not only love to eat food, but you also love to smash it, smear it, throw it, and spit it, which means A LOT of cleaning for Mom. But most of all, you love to eat it. You sometimes shovel it in your mouth faster than I can get round two cut up for you, and you aren't very patient when it comes to waiting for seconds. You learned how to sign back "more" this month and you are very passionate with your requests (or should I say demands). Once you figured out that signing for more got you...well, more, you seem to think it's the universal sign for give me what I want, and give it to me now!!!!. You use it when a toy is out of reach, when you want someone to pick you up, or when we take away something you're not supposed to have (like every 2 minutes).


trying to figure out corn on the cob

You started giving hugs this month. HEART. MELTING. They don't last long, but they sure are so unbelievably sweet.


baby hugs for Momma


How I wish they would never end...

But, of course, only when they're on YOUR terms.


let. me. GOOOOOO!

You have developed quite the little temper, my dear. You know what you want and you are very strong-willed. I know that this will be a great character trait when you are older. You have the potential to do really good things with all of that passion and drive. For now, though, it is the root of a lot of frustration for you. One example is from a few weeks ago. You were trying very hard to reach the door handle of our bedroom door. You climbed up, balanced yourself carefully on your tippy toes, and reached with all of your might. Despite your best efforts, it was still a little too high. You were not very happy about that. You threw yourself down onto the floor, arched your back, kicked your legs, flailed your arms wildly, banged your head repeatedly against the floor, and screamed at the top of your lungs at that mean door handle. All I could do was shake my head, smile to myself, and wonder what exactly is in store for us in the near future. I'm a little scared!


You let my binky fall out of my mouth! For the love of God, why did you let my binky fall out of my mouth!


If you ever let that happen again, you will really regret it.

 You are learning so many new things. You love to clap and pat-a-cake is one of your favorite games to play. You love it when Ellen first comes on tv and you dance and clap to the music and laugh when she dances. You also waved for the first time this month and now it takes me or your daddy 10 minutes to leave the house because we have to try to get you to wave goodbye to us first. We can't leave without a wave from our love bug; that's just nonsense!


Hi Mommy! Hi Mommy! HIIIIII MOMMY!!!!

Time to bake those cakes!

You crack us up daily with all of your goofy intensity. Which sounds like it should be an oxymoron, but describes you to a T. You're a very entertaining baby with such a fun personality!








 


You are one very loved baby, Hare-Bear.


Comments

Unknown said…
Ooooooh, I'm laughing out loud right now! Why, oh why, would you let a binky fall out of that precious baby's mouth? How dare you!

If you EVER, and I mean EVER, bring that baby down here dressed in an oxford shirt and sweater vest I will stuff him in my purse and take him home with me! He is too freaking cute!!!

Miss you guys!
Anonymous said…
he is great.. he needs to hug grandma... i will see him this weekend. the other three were out here this weekend and i told them i am going to see harrison next weekend and they all wanted togo... but they have a birthday party....miss you all. happy 10 months to my sweet, sweet baby... do not scare his name with the fit thing... i do not believe it.. ha ha... love ya grandma
Tienna said…
Aaaah, that precious kid warms my heart. I worry where he gets his stubbornness from though.....BOTH of his parents are so laid back and go with the flow, right? Oh wait, that's just his dad. His mama wrote the book on stubborn. ;)

Love you, Boyd Family!!
Katie Norman said…
I can't believe our baby is 10 months! ;) He is looking so grown up these days! And he is such a genius! (I mean, clapping to patty cake... seriously brilliant!) I just want to squeeze him! I definitely did not get to squeeze him enough this weekend... but could I ever really get enough love from that baby!?!?!

Popular Posts