Not So Recent Events

Apparently this is what we were up to...in the FALL. I will take the pictures' word for it since I don't have much recollection of what happened last month, much less 8 months ago.

****

Soaking up some nice fall weather playing in the front while mom & dad tend to their very neglected yard.



super sad face that our anniversary tree we planted met an unfortunate fate. Thankful that we are much better at marriage than we are at keeping plants alive :)
 ****

This kid officially learned how to ride his bike without training wheels about a month and a half before he turned 5. Growing up fast. 



****
Lots and lots of dress up. I made Harper a Rapunzel headband and she didn't take it off for days.



heart. melting. Daddy reading princess stories to his princess in her pjs and tap shoes on the wrong feet
Harrison apparently felt left out. Ha!
dress up event at Disney Store
****
A little pumpkin painting and carving fun!


 


****

Daddy/daughter and mommy/son date night:

Harrison and I went to Olive Garden and then to Academy.

 


Rick was a little more adventurous and they went to Kemah.


 ****

Harrison's personality is very "spirited." I think that's the nice way to say it, right? HA! I do love this about him but it is also very challenging at times. He is strong-willed like his momma but is not a rule-follower like his momma. I was a total teacher's pet and would have cried buckets if I ever got my card flipped to yellow. Him...not so much! This year he started having a few issues with behavior at school. Most of it was just typical can't-sit-still-because-I-am-a-4-year-old-boy-with-copious-amounts-of-energy stuff and his teachers were very understanding of that, but he also started pushing the boundaries more than was acceptable. He's not an aggressive or mean-spirited child at all, but he has verrrrry selective hearing and sometimes has issues with respecting authority. He SO wants to be his own boss (and everybody else's).

his first behavior report I had to sign and return....gulp.
 

We are quite familiar with these types of behavior issues at home but this year has been the first time he's ever acted disrespectful toward other authority figures. He started getting into a pretty bad pattern of getting marks at school almost daily and wasn't bothered by it at all and acted indifferent to any consequences we gave him at home (usually an automatic nap or loss of toy privileges). So Rick told him if he tried really hard to do his best and got a good report for 2 weeks straight he would take him to a Texan's game to celebrate his hard work and self control.

And he did!





I worry that he is going to have a hard time adjusting to kindergarten. I LOVED school but I'm not sure he's going to! Even in Pre-K, which was only 3 half-days a week, he complained every day that it was boring and that he hated doing worksheets. Every night at dinner we talk about our highs and lows from the day, and on school days his highs were always recess and lunch and his lows were always having to wake up early and go to school. Ha! He is incredibly smart and loves to learn but he is wired very differently than me. He is much more of a hands-on and colors-outside-of-the-lines type of kid so I pray he gets a teacher that recognizes and nurtures that type of learning. 

These next two pictures make me smile. I love the way little minds think and create.

Her first animal portrait :)

The first time he attempted to write his middle name (Walker) :)
****
And just some random pictures taken in October 2014.

girls' lunch...love our conversations

she always reminds me to check the mail
Mom, look what I spelled!

safety first

park fun

Comments

Popular Posts