Beautiful Day

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. 
Psalm 118:24

And what a beautiful day to rejoice and be glad in! My day started off with some wonderful news from a friend. And Rick & I also have some big news to share soon. It's so exciting to see God at work in lives and faithfully answering prayers!

The weather around these parts has been absolutely gorgeous. Crisp and cold in the morning and warm and sunny in the afternoon. Yesterday was a busy day of appointments, but we snuck in a picnic lunch at the park to to take advantage of the spring-like temps.

Harrison wanted to "pose"

I made a little friend...he was eating right out of my hand!

Something tells me he hasn't missed many meals.

The kids had their very first trip to the dentist. I put it off mainly because I knew Harrison wouldn't cooperate at 2, when they suggest to start going. Then he turned 3 and I felt like Harper was too young. But at 4 and 2 1/2 I knew I couldn't put it off any longer.

I personally love going to the dentist. I wasn't sure what my kids would think about it though. Harrison used to fight us to the point where we'd have to hold him down to brush his teeth but Harper has never given us any issues. So the appointment pretty much went the exact opposite of how I expected it to go. Harrison was excited and talkative and cooperated 100% (even with x-rays) and Harper freaked. She was NOT happy and wouldn't even open her mouth. So they put her in my lap and we tried all their tricks. And then we had to resort to holding her down. Poor girl! But I'm happy to report that both kids have great teeth and zero cavities!

The pediatric dentist office was awesome. All the staff was super friendly and great with kids and the whole place was geared toward little peeps. My kids about died when we walked into the lobby and they saw all kinds of toys and books and 3 computer stations. And I actually gave them the green light to play so they were in heaven. They get so mad at me when I don't let them play at the doctor's office -- but I just know that the toys at the doctor's office are covered in yucky sick germs. I wasn't as worried at the dentist's office :)

The game Harper was playing. It lists 5 items you are supposed to find in the mess of the room. One of the items was a douche. Try explaining that one to a kid. hahaha!

Mr. Cool

I look sweet and innocent now...but just wait ;)

After the dentist visit we had to run to the doctor's office. Harrison has been having issues with reflux and keeps spitting up. It's been going on for about a week and a half but sometimes it's as much as 10-15 times in an hour. So weird. He catches it in his mouth but then has to run to the toilet to spit it out. He had terrible reflux as a baby but grew completely out of it around 9 or 10 months so I don't know why it's back. Ice cream has been making his throat instantly hurt lately so I'm playing around with his diet and trying to cut back dairy to see if it helps. We are trying otc antacids and if they don't work we'll have to switch to a prescription.

In hindsight, I probably should have made the doctor appointment for a different day because by the time we got there they were in The Zone. I tried entertaining them with the camera on my phone. Clearly you can see Harper wasn't impressed. And that Harrison was cracked out. By the end of the appointment they were both wrestling under the doctor's desk like wild animals but I have just resigned myself to not care anymore. It is what it is. My kids morph into monsters as soon as we enter those doors and there's nothing I can do about it. At least their pedi has a good sense of humor and has never made me feel judged.



Over the weekend we helped Brody celebrate his birthday. His party was at a local gymnastics place and was superhero themed. It was tons of fun watching the kids run and jump and play. And I may have joined in a little, too. :)

He is skittish of heights and I was so surprised he did this. You can't tell from the picture but the bar is about 10 or 12 feet above the foam.
Harper was fearless as well
My little Supergirl
superheroes!

On the way home from the party, we came across a dog running down the middle of the street. It was trucking it. It was getting close to a really busy cross-street so Rick got out to see if the dog had a number on its tags so we could call the owner. There was no tag on the collar so Rick was trying to redirect her back the other direction. But that dog was so happy to see him that she ran and jumped right into his seat and then climbed back between the kids like she belonged there. So the next 2 hours were a fun family adventure of reuniting her with her owner. Thankfully she was microchipped but the info wasn't correct in the system so it became a scavenger hunt of clues. The address listed ended up being a rent house so they gave us their landlord's new address and we were able to get her back home to her 8-year old little boy and his mom. Not the way we planned to spend our Saturday evening but how do you turn down this sweet face?


Comments

Popular Posts