1:00 a.m. - Harper woke up crying. I was already 10 minutes into nursing her before I remembered the doctor suggested I stop nursing her when she wakes up in the middle of the night. Oops. I swaddled her and put her in her swing and she went back to sleep.

6:30 a.m. - Time to get up. I fed Harper and had to get in a few snuggles with both my kiddos. Harrison made it through the night (the few other times we've let him sleep with us he usually ends up back in his crib very quickly after kicking us in the face) and I so I enjoyed a few minutes of cuddling before he had a chance to wake up and put a stop to it.

7:00 a.m. - I got up to get Harper changed (after another blowout...I feel like I have a newborn again!). Harrison got up shortly after and I fixed him breakfast. Just waffles and a banana today because I was sleepy. He was sleepy too, and not in a very good mood. He threw a fit because I tore his waffle in half. Then he threw a fit because I wouldn't give him his Go Diego Go cup (it is not spill proof).  After he ate (or didn't eat) I changed his diaper and got him dressed. Then I got myself ready. Then I made a note to go buy a flat iron today! I finished packing the bags and loading the car and fixed me breakfast. Pop tarts in the car....breakfast of champions!

9:00 a.m. - Time for Pee Wee School. Harrison threw a fit because Harper was riding in the stroller and he wanted to ride in the stroller. Even though he never wants to ride in the stroller when I put him in it. He refused to walk so I ended up carrying him and pushing the stroller at the same time. And carrying his backpack, my purse, and the diaper bag. And who says I don't get my exercise?

9:15 a.m. - Once a month our church has a leadership development program for about 80 people and I volunteer to help clean up after it's over. It's convenient for me since I'm already there dropping off Harrison and I can just bring Harper with me. I sometimes feel limited in what I can do to serve with little ones and even though it's not much I'm so glad to help out where I can. Plus, I get to use an industrial sink to wash dishes in. Takes me back to my high school days working at Taco Bell, ha ha!

10:30 a.m. - Harper was pretty fussy and even after I fed and changed her she wasn't too happy. She is just so tired after our long day yesterday so we had to leave a little early.

11:00 a.m. - We got home and Harper stayed asleep in her car seat for about 30 minutes. When she woke up I changed her diaper and out of her pukey clothes. I fixed lunch and made a couple of phone calls. I also got a phone call from our insurance agent asking if my husband had passed on her message to me. The answer to that is no, in case you were wondering. :) Apparently our flood insurance expired last month...she said that fema had sent us two letters about it...which I'm sure we received but have no recollection...whoops. Just one more reason I feel like a disorganized mess these days! I picked up the house and put a load of laundry in. I fed Harper again and then it was time to go get Harrison.

2:00 p.m. - Here comes Harrison! He came sprinting down the walkway hand in hand with his friend Brody. I love seeing him with his friends. He ran to somebody else's momma though, and I didn't love seeing that. Ha. But once I said the magic word "Mamaw" he quickly cooperated and got in the car. His teacher told me that he wouldn't take a nap but that they put him in the crib and he just played in there and was fine. I had to laugh because I used to sub at preschool and the very few kids that ever had to be put in the cribs were the wild ones. That's my son alright, ha!

2:30 p.m. - I forgot that I still hadn't packed his bag to go stay with his grandma. I asked him if he wanted to help me and before the words were out of my mouth I knew that was a bad idea. I've mentioned before that he's very opinionated about his wardrobe...well that goes for the clothes he packs as well. I would put the clothes in and he would throw a fit about them and grab them and toss them back out. And he had a complete melt down when I put his blanket and bobo and stuffed animal in there. You could definitely tell he was ready for a nap!

3:00 p.m. - Mamaw and Aunt Laura were in town for the Nutcracker Market (I get to go tomorrow!!!!) and came by to pick up Harrison to take him to visit for the weekend. He's gone several times now but it is still hard for me to see him go. I know he has such a great time and that he's in good care but I still feel so sad when he leaves. I'm pretty sure I am impossible to please because when he's destroying my house and throwing fits I would pay big bucks for some quiet alone time but when I have quiet alone time I miss my little stinker like crazy.

4:00 p.m. - Harper took a pretty decent nap this afternoon and I spent it finishing the blog post for yesterday. I totally should have been more productive but have been in a bit of a funk since Harrison left. You don't realize what a presence a toddler has in the house until they are gone. The quiet is kind of starting to get to me a little bit! It makes feel all something's not right or something. I told you I'm impossible to please.

5:30 p.m. - I got Harper up and changed her diaper. We swung by my hair salon to pick up the flat iron and hair dryer I ordered. Rick is working late again tonight since we were out of town yesterday and I didn't feel like cooking, so I stopped by Taco Bell to pick up dinner. I rarely eat there but I guess ever since washing the dishes I've had it on my mind. We came home and I ate my sad dinner at the table in silence and felt pretty lonely. Cue the violin, please. :)

7:00 p.m. - I fed Harper carrots and bathed her, then nursed her and swaddled her cute little tushy up and put her down for the night. I'll feed her one more time before I go to bed and then I'm going to do my best to be strong and not give in if she wakes up in the middle of the night. It's so hard when all you want to do is sleep and you know if you just nurse her you can go right back to that sleep. Rick's going to be pretty late tonight so I think I'm going to open up my bible and do my study and then maybe watch a little bit of Cougar Town on dvd and catch up on my blog reading. And try to get rid of these blahs!!!

Number of times I hugged my baby and told him I was going to miss him like crazy: a ridiculous number that I can only get away with for the few short years I'm still stronger than him
Number of times I cried: 0
Number of times I teared up: like 4 or 5
Number of days I'll be able to give Harper my undivided attention: 4


Tracye said…
Cavan was SUPER GRUMPY yesterday. Absolutely EVERYTHING induced a screaming fit.

Good times.

I can empathize with all that.

The blow-outs? I've (thankfully!) forgotten those!

Popular Posts