Lately


I was backing up my pictures and came across a few I wanted to post.

{Sidenote: I am having a hard time figuring out what to do with the hundreds thousands gajillions of pictures I take on a regular basis. The OCD in me wants to print them all out in chronological order and file them neatly into photo albums, but obviously that's not very practical at this point. But I hate to just leave them stuck inside my computer or on a CD...what does everybody else do? I feel overwhelmed by sorting and narrowing down pictures for photobooks or scrapbooks because, like I said, there are gajillions of them. I did see a couple of websites that allow you to customize blog posts into a book and I'm thinking I'm going to go that route. Which is why I feel the need to post as many of them on the blog and annoy everybody because omg, is she really posting MORE pics of her kids already?? Doesn't this lady have a life? But then again it is my blog so I guess I can post as many almost-identical-pictures-of-my-kids-that-are-boring-to-anybody-except-their-parents pictures as I want to, right? Right!}

Moving right along...here are a few pictures of our random adventures lately.

I discovered a nice little trick recently that I so wish I had figured out sooner (and perhaps would have if I didn't wear my hair in a pony tail every.single.day.). The invaluable weapon? My hair dryer. Because it does this:




I first noticed Harrison glued to the couch after a couple of minutes of drying my hair, and realized he was not budging as long as that Mean Monster Machine was on. So I left it on for 30 minutes while I finished doing my makeup and getting dressed. Scaring my kid into submission while I get a little me-time in...does that make me Mom of the Year or what? Ha!

Lately I've been taking the kids to Chick-fil-A once a week for breakfast. It's been so hot and it gives Harrison a chance to blow off some steam playing while we all remain in the A/C...and it also gives me a chance to shovel delicious breakfast into my face. I love me some Chick-fil-A breakfast. I'm starting to get more comfortable taking the kids out by myself now that Harper is a lot more content. Sometimes it goes really well. And sometimes, not so much. Either way it's an adventure.

OMG! Do you see that moo cow over there?!?!


The face that Harrison automatically makes once our food arrives at the table...

...because he has a little something for Momma's cinnamon cluster. Good thing I'm nice and don't mind sharing...not that I have a choice in the matter really anyway :)

Harper snoozing through the action

Harrison has perfected the art of eating toast. It's just not as much fun if you don't cover yourself in jelly!






Harper isn't much of a fan of tummy time. But I can't say that I blame her. I'm not much of a fan of exercise myself. Also, Harrison has an obsession with shoes. I didn't even realize that he was strutting around in mine until I noticed it in these pictures. Ha! No wonder I'm always searching everywhere for them.





Harrison is starting to really get into books. He's almost got the alphabet down and loves to point out letters everywhere we go. I'm not sure, but I think his favorite book lately is slightly outdated. Here's an excerpt...judge for yourself.



Harper is really starting to engage and interact and it's a lot of fun. Here are a few of her silly faces...I'm so in love with her.






We've been enjoying hanging out and playing together at the house. Harrison kept wanting me to put the baby in his toy stroller...so I did. But only for a quick picture. That boy cannot be trusted with anything that has wheels on it. Looks like his sister agrees with me.


Uh, Mom? I think you're having a severe lapse in judgment right now!

 Harrison loves his sister, and Harper adores her brother. It's incredibly sweet they way they interact, even with her being so young. I hope they grow up as the best of friends.



I have a feeling they will.


Comments

Anonymous said…
i am pleased with all the pics..love those kids.. you need to come see us and when i get my car back from getting new stripes put on it i will come see them.. miss all of you... keep posting pics.. love mamaw...harper needs more mamaw time to get to know me.. the soft touch as harrison would say...

Popular Posts