Beach Babies

We went to Port Aransas last weekend to celebrate Ashley's birthday. We all pitched in and rented a condo and it is definitely the way to go with kids. We walked down to the beach, played in the pool, cooked meals, and hung out. It was great!

On the ferry

Here is Ashley blowing out her pretend candles. I knew I was forgetting something! (Which is odd, because I'm pretty sure I packed up about 90% of our house). I am not a huge fan of cookie cake, but this girl and my husband LOVE it. It is seriously like crack to them. As evidenced by the fact that only a few cookie crumbs remained less than 10 hours later.




Here she is showing off the bracelet that we got her. My friend, Christy, makes these bracelets in honor of her sweet daughter that she lost in January. The beads are in the pattern of Kenzie's birthday and a portion of the proceeds go to the March of Dimes. I knew I wanted green beads because that is Ashley's favorite color, but I wasn't sure about the shade I picked out. How funny is it that it matches her dress perfectly? Guess I was safe on the color after all!



After lunch and cake, we headed down the boardwalk to the beach. Harrison ran straight for the water and never turned back...I had to chase him down until we were all set up and ready to go swimming. He wasn't a fan of the salt water in his eyes but he didn't let that stop him from playing in the waves. He is such a little fish and could have stayed there all day if we would have let him!

And....he's off!


Meanwhile, Harper snoozed in the shade.
Beach Bum

Cooling off. Ahhhhh.


Dad! Hurry up and take the stinkin' picture because there is an ocean calling my name!!!

So much to do...so little time.

My little Joel-Joel. Or as Harrison says, "MY Do-Do."

Playing in the waves with Daddy

We didn't stay too long because Harper decided she may be a little young for the beach. Even though we brought the shade canopy and swing, it was really windy and I think she wasn't a fan of the sand that was blowing around. Plus, the nap on the beach really worked up an appetite!

Love these adorable pouty lips!

After the beach (and lugging two unhappy babies and all our gear back to the hotel, eating a few snacks, a nursing session, and showers for all -- funny how adding kids to the mix adds a ton of stuff and time, ha!) we headed down to the pool. The resort we stayed at had a really awesome pool.  This was Harper's first time to go swimming and she really seemed to enjoy it. 

Sissy, come swim with me!

Harper & Daddy

Me and my chubby-cheeked babes

Ashley getting in some baby time

Garrett, Ashley, & Joel

best friends

The only thing I'd do different next time is stay more than one night. I felt like I spent an entire day doing laundry and packing and loading up the car just to come back home and spend another entire day unloading the car and unpacking and doing endless laundry all over again. It definitely isn't easy to vacation with small kids (especially driving 5 hours (especially when I'm the one stuck in the back seat for 5 hours between the small kids)) but I'm so glad that we went. We all had fun and made great memories. Quality time with friends and seeing huge smiles on my babies' faces made all the driving and work totally worth it!


Comments

Popular Posts