4 Months

Harper is 4 months old today!


She goes to the doctor for her well visit check up on Tuesday and I'm curious to see just how much she's grown. I measured and weighed her today but it probably isn't very accurate so I'll update when we get home from the doctor.

**Updated to add stats from her doctor appointment**

There is nothing better than hearing the pediatrician say the word "perfect." I am so thankful for healthy kids! Harper's doctor told us that he's very impressed with her growth. They typically adjust for preemies and her adjusted stats were off the charts. You would never know that she was a 33 weeker and she's even above the average for full-term 4 month olds. She sure has come a long way from her 4lb, 15oz beginning!

She weighs 14lbs., 3oz. (65% unadjusted, 99% adjusted)

She is 24 inches long (45% unadjusted, 99% adjusted)

Her head circumference is in the 95th percentile. Big (adorable) heads run in the family! :)


So Harper, what have you been up to this month?

I have to address the colic issue first because you have made such great progress this month!!! Seriously, you are like a different baby. It is such a relief to see you feeling better and our house has become a million times less stressful over the last few weeks. You still have your moments, but your fussiness is so much more manageable. Woo hooooo!

What? My non-stop screaming was stressing you guys out?

You are an eating and sleeping champ. We have such a good routine down now and it's made life a lot easier. You eat 6 meals a day -- you wake up around 7am for your first feed and eat every three hours until your last awake feed at 7pm. You are usually asleep for the night around 8:30 and I give you a "dream feed" at some point before I go to bed but you stay asleep through that. You are slowly weaning yourself down to 2-3 naps a day and still prefer to be swaddled (read: refuse to sleep unless you are swaddled, ha). You are still sleeping in the swing because of your reflux but pretty soon you're going to outgrow it!

Our little Hannibal Lecter

We heard your laugh for the first time this month. It is heart-melting. You are a pretty serious baby most of the time but when you flash your smile it is worth the wait!

baby giggles...nothing better
You love to be outdoors. It's been so hot so we haven't gotten to spend much time out there, but I personally think you like the heat. I'm afraid you inherited my circulation -- your hands and feet are always cold and I think you enjoy thawing out in the sun. But I'm the same way so I totally get it :)

Daily walk to the mailbox
You battled your first illness. Thankfully it was only a cold and it went away after a week without us having to go to the doctor. Still hard for a momma to see her baby not feeling well! 

Snuggling with Ellie

You are still not a fan of tummy time. But that's okay with me. I'm in no hurry for you to become mobile, ha!

Cue the crying in 3, 2, 1....

It's so fun to watch your little personality develop. You are such a joy!








Harper Grace, what a privilege it is for us to have you as our daughter. You add such a sweet dynamic to our family and we are already completely wrapped around that cute little finger of yours. We love you so incredibly much!

Comments

Jocelyn said…
Time is going by way too fast... I can't believe she's already four months old!

Popular Posts