Chicken Spaghetti

I've been craving chicken spaghetti lately so I finally decided to make it for dinner a couple of weeks ago. The only time I've ever had it before was probably 10 years ago when Ashley made it for us. It's crazy to think back to that time in my life and even crazier that it was over TEN years ago! Anyway, I had mentioned it to her on the phone a while back and we were talking about the ingredients, and from there I just googled a couple of recipes that sounded similar and improvised the rest. When I found it on the Pioneer Woman's website I knew it was probably as good as I remembered.

Here are the ingredients:


Spaghetti (I used about 1/4 of a pkg)
Chicken (I used 1 chicken breast or about a cup)
Bell Pepper - finely chopped (I used about 1/4 C)
Onion - finely chopped (I used about 1/4 C)
1 Can of Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken if you're not a mushroom fan (I used Cream of Chicken AND Mushroom - didn't even know it existed!)
Diced Pimentos (I used about 1/2 of a 4oz jar)
Velveeta or Shredded Cheddar Cheese, whatever you're feeling (I was feeling Velveeta and it was delicious - I used about a cup or so cubed)
Seasoned Salt, Ground Red Pepper, Salt, and Pepper (to taste)

Obviously I didn't use exact measurements...like I said, I improvised. It made about 2-4 servings and I think next time I'll double the recipe because leftovers would be pretty good in my opinion. Also, I think it would be just as good with a can of Rotel if you didn't have fresh veggies on hand.

Directions:

Cook the chicken and tear it or cut it into chunks. Cook the pasta and drain. Then just mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. It really doesn't get much easier than that.




Pour into a baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.



It is seriously SO good. Way better than it looks. 



If you don't believe me, just ask Harrison. He apparently agrees!





Comments

Anonymous said…
love that belly... great spaghetti

you can make me some anytime. love mary..prayers to all

Popular Posts