Wait! Are you HARRISON'S mom?!

I have to share a funny story. Actually, it's two stories for the price of one. Lucky you! :)

So, last night I went to the first meeting of a new women's small group. We were going through introductions, and I went on my turn. After I finished, Mindy wanted to add the story of how we met, since it's kind of a funny one. To keep this story short, I'll just tell you that two of Mindy's four kids had reflux (one of which is about 2 months older than H) and so our first chat included a lot of venting frustrations and understanding nods and a certain amount of sympathy for one another that only momma's of spewing babies could exchange.

As she finished the story I added that, yes indeed, it has been a rough journey so far concerning the endless spit up, when all of the sudden I hear somebody say,

"Wait! Are you Harrison's mom?!"

Why, yes. Yes I am, actually. It turns out that she works in the nursery at church and put two and two together. She told us that every Sunday they prepare for his arrival and break out the beach towels and prep the volunteers. Those poor people. I'm so grateful that they still love on him they way they do after being covered in his vomit each week.

The second story is pretty similar. My mom works with a lady that goes to our church but I don't think we've ever met. Mom was trying to describe us to her coworker to see if we sounded familiar. She mentioned that we have an 8 month old baby, who is pretty chubby and spits up a lot. Again,

"Wait! Is your grandson Harrison?!"

She usually volunteers with the older kids in PeeWeeVille, but on Mother's Day she helped with the babies. I distinctly remember when I picked him up that morning, they told me that he had gotten one of the workers pretty good. They said that they tried to warn her, and that "just because he only drinks 4 ounces of milk doesn't mean that he won't spit up 24," but she brushed off the advice and was totally shocked when the warnings materialized all over the poor lady's shirt. Yep, my mom's friend was that poor lady.

My son is giving our family quite the reputation, apparently.

Comments

Popular Posts