How does this even happen?


Dirty children used to be one of my pet peeves. I always told myself I would never let my own get that way. Don't get me wrong, I thought there was a time in a place to play in the dirt, but generally I really found the sticky fingers, crusty faces, and gunky noses to be kind of annoying. And the sight of moms trying to improvise bathtime with the old lick-her-fingers-and-wipe-down-their-face? Disgusting. All those germs...ick!

God has quite the sense of humor, doesn't he?

uh, I think I may need a napkin.

How does this even happen? I left him in his clothes because I just knew that this would be the one time that I would be successful at keeping him somewhat clean. I start off every feeding with that hope, and I still don't understand why it's somehow impossible. But Harrison always wins...


Let's go ahead and get the fingers in on the action.


Make sure we get the hands nice and good.


I don't think my shirt is dirty enough.


Can't forget about the ears and hair!



Hmmm. Seems like I'm forgetting something.



 Oh yeah. Your turn!

Anybody have a straight jacket that I could borrow? Please?

 I've been given quite a bit of perspective on the subject of dirt and filth and children over the course of the last 9 months. It's pretty hard to be a snob about it all when I think there's a good chance that mine would take the medal for most disgusting. I even have to admit that I've resorted to the finger-lick-down method numerous times myself *shudder*. And even though I still find all of it fairly revolting (all those germs!), I just can't help but to be in love with those sticky fingers and crusty face and gunky nose.

Comments

Anonymous said…
life changes when you get the love of your life... he knew you needed training in real life... just wait till you have some more...fun times...you learn to tune out, look away and pray nobody knows they are yours because no matter what you try to do,,,they win.. love mary hope the next one is a neat freak like you and this is the only one to take after his dad... love ya all mary
Always correct said…
In case everyone is wondering, he gets his eating skills from his mother.
Kelsey said…
Sorry, Hon. Your mom just totally outed you! And I think I remember hearing stories about just a few spilled glasses of milk? No?

Popular Posts