Lazy Sunday.

Today has been one of those perfect lazy days where you do just enough to not feel guilty or unproductive, but not too much to where you feel stretched thin. For the first time in forever it seems, I even got in a nap. Only 45 minutes, but so refreshing! After church we went to Olive Garden for lunch and I was just teasing Jeff about how he naps more than anybody I know (or at least ties with Ashley, haha :) ) and then I ate so much that I found myself in a food coma a couple of hours later. Rick went shopping to spend his birthday money and then to play volleyball with friends and so Harrison and I have just been hanging out having a great relaxing mommy & son afternoon.

I thought I'd share some pictures from the weekend. Friday night we went to Berryhill to celebrate Rick's birthday with some of our friends (for a guy who says he doesn't like any fuss, we sure have done an awful lot of birthday celebrating this week, ha!).




Harrison was happy to get in some Unkie Connor time.




And then Allen took his turn trying to charm the baby.




Don't let the above picture fool you. His laughter quickly turned into giant sobs because for some reason, he is really afraid of Allen. Every time he is around Harrison just stares him down and usually ends up in tears. So strange! Not sure what Allen did to my child when I wasn't looking, ha!




Jeff quickly came to the rescue but it took a while for H to calm down.






The fastest way to get a baby passed around from guy to guy is for him to just start crying. It makes them pretty uncomfortable! Jon was the next to receive Harrison, and was able to talk him off of his ledge. I guess he figured he was a safe distance from danger, aka Allen Forbis. Haha!



The only picture I have from Saturday is of Harrison and his friend Zion. They are only 3 weeks apart and hopefully they'll grow up to be great little buddies. We had a few friends from church over for dinner and the kids had a good time playing. So did the adults. The ladies dominated the boys in a game of Outburst. Sure, the scorecard said otherwise, but it obviously doesn't count because Rick is a well-known cheater.




Hope you had a great weekend!


Comments

Anonymous said…
it is great to have such great friends.... hang on to them...i had my favorite ones over on sunday... sure did miss them this week...miss harrison...i feel like he is close because of your blog... thanks, thanks, thanks,... love ya all mary
Rick said…
I don't cheat. You are just a sore loser. I am starting to think that you have been cheating all of these years. I knew there was a reason that you insisted on keeping score all of the time. Don't be mad that the guys crushed you ladies with our higher intellect.
Jeff Norman said…
Its ok Papi. We know who really won! And FYI I embrace the fact that I take the most naps out of the people you know. In fact, I am about to lie down and take another.

Popular Posts