6 Months

Today my baby is 6 months old. And I'm choosing to stay in denial about the fact that we're halfway to a year. I'm not ready for this!



He weighs 18 lbs., 10 oz. (75th percentile)

He is 27 inches long (75th percentile)

His head circumference is 45.5 cm (90th percentile <----- we already knew that, ha!)

Just look at how much he's grown:



So Harrison, what have you been up to this month?

You have entered the world of solid foods, and you couldn't be happier. There isn't anything that you've tried that you haven't liked, although green veggies are your favorite (YAY!). You are nursing about 5 times a day and eating three solid meals a day: oatmeal for breakfast, a colorless fruit for lunch, and a colorful veggie for dinner (Momma's strategy for reducing carpet and clothing stains). We were hopeful that solids would help curb your reflux, but now you just puke in a variety of colors. I really should have invested in Oxiclean stock, because it's the only thing that remotely comes close to getting out your rainbow spectrum of stains. Ha!


My little birdie waiting for the next joyous bite

Speaking of stains, you've learned how to make quite the mess. You figured out how to blow raspberries, which is really just a sweet way of saying you like to spit all over everything. It was cute the first couple of times, but getting food spewed all over my face and clothes gets old pretty quick...




You are becoming more and more mobile every day. You're not crawling yet, but you creep, wiggle, and roll like a champ. You spot something you're interested in and get to it within minutes. You're quite the determined little baby and it makes us very proud! We are your biggest cheerleaders and that will never change.


So much to explore. So little time!


You can sit unassisted for several seconds, but you're not quite a pro just yet. Your a little top-heavy still (did you see your head circumference? :) ) and topple over after about 20 seconds or so. But it won't be much longer!

 Houston, we have a sitter.


You are becoming ever more independent, and pretty demanding about it. You hate that you can't spoon feed yourself and you feel the need to participate, which always leads to a giant mess. You insist on trying to hold your own bottle, but still haven't figured out that you have to tilt it to get any milk out. You want to eat off our plates and drink our drinks and you started pitching a fit every time we try to strap you in to your car seat. Son, I guess you forgot that you were supposed to inherit your dad's calm and laid back nature and not be so strong-headed and stubborn like your mommy. Life would be a lot easier that way, you know.  :)

I'm sucking as hard as I can!


You have actually been sleeping through the night for the last few weeks. THANK YOU! I'm still swaddling you for your naps because if I don't, you become violent. I walked in to check on you the other day and you had both fists around the spindles of your crib and were head butting the side of your bed. You are crazy without your sleep! And Harrison, it pains me that we have reached the 6 month mark. It's when I agreed to move you to your own room and as much as I'm not ready to have you alllll the way across the house, it's time. It would be selfish of me to keep you sleeping in your play yard any longer because it's pretty obvious that you've outgrown it. My chunkster has caused a little bowing action in the middle since the weight limit has been (far) exceeded. I suggested that we just move your crib into our room but that got a pretty big eye roll from your dad...

This gaping valley is a perfect place for my vomit to pool. Suh-weet!


You can't talk yet, but you say so much with the million different expressions you have. You are a little bit of funny, serious, temperamental, goofy, intense, and loving all rolled up into one big ball of baby sweetness.

















Harrison, thank you for giving your daddy and me the best six months of our lives. I still find the need to pinch myself because I just don't feel deserving of all that God has blessed us with! Watching your personality blossom is a joy and even in our most challenging moments, there is nowhere else I'd rather be than home with you every day. We love you so incredibly much!

Comments

Jeff Norman said…
Cutest baby I have ever seen. Also, the only one that doesn't bother me when he pukes on me.

Popular Posts