Field trip to Houston

On Friday, I drove into Houston to meet up with a few of my old coworkers from the bank for lunch. It's been 7 months since I've had to make that awful commute every day, and can I just say that I don't miss it at all?! I had a couple of errands to run in Houston after lunch, so I didn't get back on the road until close to 4. On a Friday. In the pouring rain. Not exactly a good recipe for traffic!  Luckily for me, I had a second passenger in the form of a wee little baby and so I took the HOV lane back home. Cut the driving time in half and I must say that flying by the parking lot on the freeway gave me quite the little rush. I guess it's the little things in life!


From left to right: Jason & Greg Geigh, Lindsey (aka Kelsey), April, and Latrice



Harrison with his Aunt Latrice


Latrice and April took turns holding H, and of course he was thrilled about all of the attention. April asked Lindsey if she wanted a turn, but she politely declined. I'm not sure why? Something about not wanting to be vomited on?  My son would never do such a thing!


Mmmm. Nothing like going back to the office smelling like curdled breastmilk!

I felt pretty bad that he spit up all over poor April. But she's got 3 adorable kids of her own so I'm sure it's probably nothing new. Still gross though!

Even though I don't miss the commute AT ALL, I do miss my Compass peeps. It was great catching up with everybody!

Comments

Popular Posts