Father's Day

Harrison was very excited to celebrate his dad's first Father's Day this year.



It started with breakfast in bed.

But Harrison thought that meant Harrison's breakfast in bed. He's really giving like that. 



Then it was time to give Daddy his card and presents.





And I couldn't resist sticking the bow on his head. Somebody didn't like that very much...


Then we headed out to go see the Astros play. It was Harrison's first game and I can't believe it took us until mid-June to go! We LOVE our Stros and were both pretty heartbroken when canceling cable meant no more televised games for us. They haven't been doing very hot this year (or last, but who's keeping track?) so I figured the game wouldn't be very crowded. I was wrong - there were over 41,000 people there! Sadly, I think probably half of them were rooting for the Rangers. Where is the loyalty, people?!!


I had forgotten how steep it is up in the nosebleeds, and it was a little scary carrying a baby up all of those stairs and then making sure he didn't wiggle out of our laps. We didn't have the best seats in the park, but considering our outing was cheaper than a date to the movies, I really can't complain. Harrison was wide-eyed the entire time just taking it all in. We all had a blast!





Sunday we spent the day at Rick's parents' house. It's always refreshing to pack up the car, hit the road, and pay a visit to the country. We had a really good time just hanging out and the food was delicious as always. Harrison had such a ball playing with his cousins! I think I may need to borrow them for a while because they kept him so entertained all day and he slept great that night!

3 of 4


Uh, Mom? What's going on here?


Aunt Tracye, are you going to stop him??

OMG! How is he standing all by himself?! And how come I can't?


The babies with their Papaw


Miss Ashley

Dude. My name is NOT Harry Ranger! 


The cousin shot! Poor Cavan was not happy!
 

Sissy tries to calm him, and Harrison seems concerned. Meanwhile, Cullen looks pretty bored. Ha!


I don't understand why you people aren't helping him!


Here, cousin. Will a slobbery kiss on the head help?


No? Well then I'll cry with you. Us babies have to stick together!


A big fat {belated} Happy Father's Day to my dad, step-dad, father-in-law, and now my husband. You are all very much loved and appreciated!


Rick & Harrison
Father's Day, 2010

Comments

Unknown said…
Um, sorry Harrison, but Aunt Tracye was laughing too hard to help!

And trust me, I've been TRYING to force your Uncle to stop calling you Harry Ranger!
Jeff Norman said…
I liked all of it but come on Kelzzzz, keep the bow out of his hair! Haha!
Kelsey said…
@Tracye - yeah, it was pretty funny when he just looked up at him and started screaming...maybe a little more of that will finally break him!

@Jeff - I know, I know. He didn't like it very much...probably b/c everybody already thinks he's a girl. Even when he's wearing camo!

Popular Posts