Move over, Heidi.

So I got a pretty important phone call last week. Apparently the talent scouts have taken notice of yours truly, and I was asked if I would be interested in doing a little modeling.

That's right people, a model! I've been discovered!

I'm sure you're wondering what is so uniquely beautiful about me that warranted this call to fame. Was it this boyish, bean pole figure of mine? My scrawny, pasty-white chicken legs? Or how about my exquisite elegance and grace?

Nope! It was a much more envious quality of mine that got me the job. I am hesitant to even post this picture because I would hate for anybody to think that I am conceited, but when you have a feature of this beauty and magnificence, you just have to brag. Yes, beauty like this must be shared!


The Before


It's my hair, y'all!  I know you're captivated by it's breathtaking splendor, but try not to stare. It's rude!

Hehehe  :)

All kidding aside, I cannot STAND my hair. It's super thick and completely uneven in texture. I have tight curls underneath and a stringy, wiry mess on top, and the only thing consistent about it is the frizz. Throughout the years my hair and I have had our battles. In fact, before I owned my beloved CHI{how on earth did I survive before my CHI??}, I used to actually straighten my hair with a good old fashioned iron and ironing board. But I figured a few third degree scalp burns was a small price to pay for smooth hair, right?!

So you can imagine my glee when my good friend and hair stylist called me up last week and asked if I would be interested in being a hair model for a new keratin straightening system class that a vendor was in town to present. Would I be interested?! Um, HECK YEAH I WOULD! I've been dreaming of this process ever since I heard about it last year, but for some reason (couldn't have been the $400 price tag) I just hadn't gotten around to having it done. But since this was a class, it was completely free of charge. To say that her phone call made my day would be a severe understatement. :)

The session was supposed to last about an hour and a half. That's the average. I knew going in that it would take longer because my hair is deceptively thick and stubborn. In fact, the vendor told me that I broke the record for amount of product used in any session he's witnessed. Go figure. I guess that's just the overachiever in me. So anyway, FIVE hours later and I was all done.


The After

Now I know that the "after" doesn't really look all that different than my usual style (when I actually opt to take it out of my super-hot ponytail), but let me just tell you that I am SO happy with the results. First of all, my hair no longer requires ironing to be presentable {*gasp*}. Secondly, I am saving a ton of time. Before, I was spending at least an hour blow-drying and straightening my hair, and even then I rarely got it as smooth as the "after" pics. I timed myself today, and from start to finish, it took me 16 minutes to style it. 16 minutes! Do you realize how valuable 44+ minutes are to a mom with a baby?! And thirdly, since the process uses keratin, which is a vitamin treatment and not a chemical process, my hair is really shiny. The only downside to that is now it's even more obvious that I am in desperate need for some color touch up. 7 months of neglect will do that I guess. I think it's safe to say that my hair has taken the backseat to a chubby little baby named Harrison...

Anyway, for what it's worth, I totally recommend this process to anybody who's interested (and doesn't vomit at the thought of forking over $300+). The neat thing about it is it's not just for people who want straight hair, it also improves texture for curly hair as well.

And even though I clearly only got the call  because I have the worst hair ever and they wanted to test out how good the system really is before using it on clients, I'm still holding on to my "model" title. I think I may even throw a "super" in there for good measure.


Comments

Rick said…
Does this mean that we will never be late again? Oh wait, now it's Harrison's fault. Right?
Anonymous said…
beautiful as always... glad you had fun.. mil
Kelsey said…
I'm never late. I have no idea what you're talking about. And if we ARE ever late, it's sure to be your fault. Don't you know by now that everything is always your fault?
Unknown said…
You're beautiful every way you wear your hair. I've always been jealous of your hair (and your NOT boyish figure!). I'm shocked that it's that stubborn!

If they want another trial run, tell them I'll drive up for it!

Popular Posts