Show Us Your Life - Kid's Names

Photobucket


I'm participating in Kelly's Show Us Your Life tour for the first time this week. I love her blog and love visiting all of the blog links every Friday, so I finally decided to join in. Better late than never, right?

I think it's safe to say that I am borderline obsessed with baby names. I've kept a list of my favorites since I was in grade school and when I was pregnant I had a color-coordinated Excel spreadsheet with the names, meanings, and popularity stats. And yes, I really did just admit that! I'm a total list/spreadsheet nerd and I'm proud of it. :)

I love the story on how we decided on Harrison's name. I know that his name was totally meant to be and it fits his personality perfectly. And it goes to show that God speaks to us all the time -- we just have to learn to listen for Him! :)  I already wrote about the day we knew his name was meant to be. You can click here to read it.

Rick and I tend to like longer names since our last name is only four letters. A lot of people told us he needed a shorter nickname, but in my opinion, it really isn't that big of a deal to throw in one extra syllable and just stick with Harrison. I'm not a huge fan of Harry, although a few of his family members call him that. Maybe it will grow on me? For now he's my Harrison or my Hare-Bear or my Baby Love and it's working out just fine!

Comments

Popular Posts