5 Months

Today my baby is 5 months old!


He weighs 17 lbs., 8 oz.

He is 26 ½ inches long.

So Harrison, what have you been up to this month?

You are becoming pretty bored with this stationery nonsense. You are trying so hard to crawl but just don’t quite have it figured out yet. You used to hate tummy time, but now that it’s your decision and on your terms, you roll over onto you belly all the time and just go to town trying to become mobile. You grunt and groan and push and kick your legs like a little frog and look so proud of yourself when you wiggle across your blanket.

 Lying on your back is so last year!


You have a new best friend. Ellie, move over because there’s a new girl in town! Her name is Sophie and she’s a super nommable giraffe and you absolutely adore her. I felt a twinge of guilt when I got her out of the package and squeezed her for you -- she squeaks like a chew toy and the dogs looked SO happy that I bought them a present. They were pretty sad when they realized she was for you and not them!

Harrison + Sophie = BFF


You started solids this month. You look like such a big boy sitting in your high chair. The first time we put you in it I didn’t know whether to cry or to grin so I just decided to do both. You LOVE your high chair -- it didn’t take you long to realize that it = food, and that food = happiness.

Bring on the cereal!
 

You discovered your feet this month and I bet they alone could entertain you for hours. It amazes me how easily you are able to get them into your mouth. You are definitely the most flexible person in the house. Ha!

 Those are some tasty little piggies!


We tried out Zantac for your reflux but it didn’t seem to help, so now we’ve moved on to Prevacid. Your doctor says you still aren’t gaining weight at the right pace and so we’re also going to start you on baby food in the next couple of weeks. You have no idea how much I’m going to celebrate your first vomit-free day. Oh what a beautiful day it will be!!!!! (And the sooner, the better. Ahem.)

 Mommy's totally in the Danger Zone.


You are turning into quite the little night owl. You went from sleeping soundly through the night for 2 months straight, to waking up multiple times every night for 2 months straight. Between your reflux and your congestion, you (and I) just aren’t able to get much sleep these days. But your dad…well, that’s another story! He could sleep through a hurricane (and that’s not hypothetical -- he actually did. Remind me to tell you that story when you’re older).  :) 


 
Maybe I would actually let Mommy sleep if she would just realize that I belong in bed with them!


Your little personality is starting to really shine through and I love it! It looks like you are going to be pretty outgoing and you LOVE attention – definitely not shy at all! You have your daddy’s laid back demeanor most of the time but can also be so serious and intense, and you can switch back and forth between moods in like a millisecond. Wonder who you got that from? Ha!




















Harrison, you have no idea how much joy you bring your daddy and me. Every morning when I get you out of bed, you lean in to my hug and snuggle into my neck and I feel like my heart is actually going to burst into a million little pieces. And every morning in that tender moment I close my eyes, breathe in your sweet baby smell, and just soak in how blessed we are that God chose us to be your parents. We love you!

Comments

Anonymous said…
had a wonderful weekend. thanks again. see you soon love all mary
Unknown said…
I can't believe it's been 5 months!!!

I can totally identify with your entire last paragraph... I live it every morning, too!

Popular Posts